Tips & Guides Wired Freedom 2024 headlight mount fix

Redundancy

Local time
11:08 AM
With the edition of spider washers in these locations the front headlight and fender are no longer a floppity mess.
and they sure were. You could tighten as much as you wanted but the smooth on smooth metal plus any bumps would just bounce the headlight around.
I wanted to post this somewhere and link to it for other owners of the Wired Freedom 2024 model whos had the same small issue.

other helpful anti clatter mods are taking the rear rack entirely off the bike and placing rubber washers in between anything that hard mounts with the rack bolts. its a significant difference.
Spider washers.jpg

With the edition of spider washers in these locations the front headlight and fender are no longer a floppity mess.
and they sure were. You could tighten as much as you wanted but the smooth on smooth metal plus any bumps would just bounce the headlight around.
I wanted to post this somewhere and link to it for other owners of the Wired Freedom 2024 model whos had the same small issue.

other helpful anti clatter mods are taking the rear rack entirely off the bike and placing rubber washers in between anything that hard mounts with the rack bolts. its a significant difference.
View attachment 13482

Welcome to the forums! :cool:

This problem is certainly not unique to just the Wired Freedom. It is often true of most Fender-Bolt mounted headlamps.
This method can be applied rather globally.

All you have to do is tighten the 3 linkages tight as possible. Mine gaseous move since

Back