New controller offered by Lectric for the xp 3.0

ChapsXP3.0

Local time
3:11 PM
Has anyone got the new controller offered by Lectric for the XP 3.0? If so how was installation? Also do you like the power profiles the new controller provides?

I received my new controller and display last night (12/8). Installation was easy about a half hour. You will need to unwrap the sheathing below the crank so that you can get enough room to disconnect the cable from the display to the controller. I'm in my mid seventies and really like the new characteristics. PAS 1: works at 4 amps nice and slow when making a U turn, top speed 9 mph. PAS 2: 8 amps top speed 15 mph. PAS 3: 12 amps top speed 19 mph and peppy. PAS 4: 16 amps top speed pedaling 24 mph. PAS 5: 20 amps top speed pedaling 28 mph all of the zip it had before. The lower PAS settings are smooth and upper PAS levels are powerful.

Has anyone got the new controller offered by Lectric for the XP 3.0? If so how was installation? Also do you like the power profiles the new controller provides?
I know of XP owners who are on the 3rd controller replacement everyone says the same thing shortly after they change the settings to a class 3 it burns up the controller... excessive hills also have been reported as a struggle for the controller. After owning a new model XP-3.0 for a year with all the issues I've had with it and the customer service problems.and the availability of the brake upgrade and controllers. A friend whom I let ride my XP the purchased one was able to get 2 controllers sent to her within days Lectric has me waiting 2-3 months. I needed up selling my XP based on the customer service and warranty. The forks were wobbly and caused a bit of speed wobbles. The only thing I like about the Lectric was it's ability to start from a stop in loose beach sand...not too much torque that it buries itself and enough torque to get you going. I wish I had purchased the bike I originally looked at Ariel Rider Grizzly....

Back