Lectric XP Trike

My wife wants a E bike Trike. We went to a local Pedego dealer here in St Louis Mo area today. From what I learned Pedego offers one trike model. It looked well built with quality parts. Front hub drive. She rode it. We did not buy it. The reason being is because I have been doing research on other companies offerings. I have looked at Addmotor, and Lectric XP trike . Lectric XP impressed me from what i could gather from the internet. One reason is because Pedego wants 3500.00 dollars for trike Which is Front Hub drive 36v 11ah. Lectric Xp is asking 1499.00. And from what I learned Lectric XP is rear wheel drive. It will be a bit more with different seat. And I think the Lectric XP is fairly new to the market. My question is, Is the Lectric XP are they Good Dependable Trikes. Is Rear wheel drive better than front hub drive. And does a person really get a better more dependable trike with Pedego . Because if that is the case maybe Pedego is worth the extra money. And also does anyone know about and use Addmotor, I think they like most trikes are front wheel drive. I use and own a E=Hunting Bike a Rungu Dualie Rubicon Trail Edition. But I do not know much about trikes. I have to inform anyone my wife will not be going offroad with her trike. Maybe Gravel roads by our property here in Missouri. Thanks to any one that responds. Ride Safe Have Fun Dan

Any details on the lectric xp trike finished product .I am one of the buyers that pre-ordered. I would like to know what I am getting.

Any details on the lectric xp trike finished product .I am one of the buyers that pre-ordered. I would like to know what I am getting.

All the details available should be on Lectric website already, I don't see reason to expect anything less.

Lectric eBikes fully reveals $1,499 XP Trike as latest salvo in the e-trike wars

image-46-edited.jpg

trike-angle-cargo_1100x.jpg
I really like the way they have used a hub motor like it was a mid-drive system. Very smart move to keep costs down while allowing for two wheel drive to rear wheels. A further improvement to the design would be to have the motor drive a gear set of some sort.

Talked to the Lectric representative and the only information he has about the XP Trike is it is in production and I will be
receiving my trike the 2nd week of May. For you that pre-ordered the trike, more information will be sent at the end of this month (April). It should include any changes and maybe pictures. He said that he has not seen the finished
product. So I guess we will have to be patient.

Even with ready-to-be-shipped ebikes that are already produced from Alibaba or AliEx;
from the day I make the payment, orders usually take about 2 months for the product to arrive to US port and another couple of weeks to clear customs then another week to the buyer destination.
If final production of the Lectric XP Trike is still not "finalized"; seems to me there could be some impact to time line.

That is what the representative told me. It does seem odd that he doesn't have any other information. Someone there has to have more information and they are just not telling us.

I ordered one last week, no estimate from the company on a shipping date. Does anyone have an idea why there is only a single speed rear sprocket? I would have thought perhaps they would have had a least a 3 speed rear sprocket, a very low range, a standard range, and a higher road speed range? This will be my first electric bike/trike, so I am new to the world of EV bikes. I want to ride for exercise, will pedal mostly, not wanting it for the 'electric scooter' option.

I think that you made a good choice and wouldnI ordered one last week, no estimate from the company on a shipping date. Does anyone have an idea why there is only a single speed rear sprocket? I would have thought perhaps they would have had a least a 3 speed rear sprocket, a very low range, a standard range, and a higher road speed range? This will be my first electric bike/trike, so I am new to the world of EV bikes. I want to ride for exercise, will pedal mostly, not wanting it for the 'electric scooter' option.
Not sure if it's a cost thing to get that price down to a previously unheard of(?) level yet the lack of a shipping date on my own recent trike purchase with everything going on in the world right now probably wasn't....

I almost bought the same trike and think that it's a great deal...especially with any consideration of the above.

With top speed of the XP trike at 15 mph, there is really no much need for gears, even with steep hills.
If you're climbing a hill with open throttle or PAS, it's not going to exceed the top speed of 15 mph.
The low top speed is due to the stability of upright trike while cornering.
If you want to ride for exercise, you could pedal beyond the top speed of the trike,
but likely you will get tire pretty quickly trying to sustain speeds above 15 mph on it.

I ordered a Lectric XP Trike 2 weeks ago, no notice yet of when I might expect delivery. I wanted the rear drive hub, not the front wheel drive hub, which tends to spin on gravel or concrete. I have a friend with a front wheel drive E Bike and it spins the front wheel drive easily, even on pavement! I also liked the folding feature, for compact storage. The lower weight of the trike is appealing also. It only has a top speed of 14 mph, as opposed to the Addmotor's 20 mph trike, but do you really need that much top speed on a trike? A trike will ride much differently then a bike, and cornering will have to be much slower. Also, the Lectric XP trike was $1,500 cheaper then an Addmotor trike! If my wife decides she wants one to ride also, that savings will buy her a Lectric XP trike too!

I ordered a Lectric XP Trike 2 weeks ago, no notice yet of when I might expect delivery. I wanted the rear drive hub, not the front wheel drive hub, which tends to spin on gravel or concrete. I have a friend with a front wheel drive E Bike and it spins the front wheel drive easily, even on pavement! I also liked the folding feature, for compact storage. The lower weight of the trike is appealing also. It only has a top speed of 14 mph, as opposed to the Addmotor's 20 mph trike, but do you really need that much top speed on a trike? A trike will ride much differently then a bike, and cornering will have to be much slower. Also, the Lectric XP trike was $1,500 cheaper then an Addmotor trike! If my wife decides she wants one to ride also, that savings will buy her a Lectric XP trike too!
Congratulations and hard to argue your points; especially two for the price of one. As for the need for speed...it depends on who/what is chasing you or how fast you want to get off or remain on the same roads that those 'chasing' you are on too. ;) I would never claim that the new Addmotor Soletri trike was twice the value of the Lectric XP yet we considered the much better motor/torque numbers, the almost 50% larger Ah battery and most importantly (for us) the front/rear modifiable(?) suspension/any comfort the larger tires might bring worth the extra expense.

I ordered on 07 FEB 2023, still no notice, but I'm not worried.
Realistically, I would start to contact Lectric after mid MAY if I still don't receive any notice.

As to the top speed of trike, I would highly recommend operating under the designated top speed, due to the instability nature of upright trikes in corners.
Other trikes may have higher top speed, but doesn't mean it is safe to travel at that top speed.
Operate at your own risk, get a few hundred miles before you start to push the top speed operation on any trike or bike.

Just noticed last night on the Lectric website that the Lectric XP Trike won't start shipping until June of '23! Is this true? I ordered and paid fully for one on 4/7/23, not realizing they were a very new product and were not ready yet for release or shipping. I hope they start shipping before June, half of my riding season will be gone by then!

Placed my order for the LEctric XP Trike.
APR 2023 delivery.
Have you received it yet, or been notified of when it will be shipped? I saw on Lectric's website that the trikes won't start shipping till June! I hope that is wrong!

Have you received it yet, or been notified of when it will be shipped? I saw on Lectric's website that the trikes won't start shipping till June! I hope that is wrong!
Hoping that this is wrong as well. I ordered our Addmotor Soletri this month with a "ships in May" (website) promise which had already morphed in to "around June" after further questioning.
I'm pretty much hoping to get something/anything when making these deals no matter who is fronting them here stateside relying on the goodwill of those less than free.

...weren't those XP trikes in stock for a certain amount of time subject to prior sale(?) as I thought that this was a consideration for us at one time.

....no one else here took a chance on the XP or was told differently save for dburt? (I must be getting old...).

Welcome to the Interwebzzzz
:ROFLMAO:....I think that these kids have such massive wads of money stuffed in their pockets nowadays that $1500 is about what might fall out and count as a daily contribution to the down and out (flutters around in the air like confetti on a fast moving ebike). ;)

Back