Lectric XP Trike

No worse than Elon.
Actually, Elon simply lies about what his TSLA can do to promote sales and sold them as they would perform what he'd promised.
Nearly a decade later, full self-driving mode is still unreliable.
Ask yourself, if Elon tweets: I'm spending $500M of my own money on TSLA to fix the self driving mode, would TSLA stock go up?
Would that be considered stock manipulation?
Elon overpaid for TWTR and now he wants everyone else to pay for his own mistake.
Elon is good at swindling money from those who believe him;
the more control over social media Elon has, the more suckers to believe what Elon has to sell.

It somewhat amazes me that no one ever mentions the 'cut off' date for these overseas manufacturers and their full purchase price down payment business plans.
If you think for a second that you are 'first in line' because you ordered before anyone else...think about it:
The container has to set sail sooner or later with a limited number of units.
A lot can happen in that first allocation as promises are made to potentially just about everyone but early adaptors.
I'm not disparaging or accusing; only pointing out the realities of today's ongoing supply chain woes and the inevitable recession winds blowing hard at this very moment.
I wouldn't blink an eye if my current wait for another brand's trike became permanent considering the game of musical chairs that we are all playing right now.

"Cut off" date is whenever the reseller sell out of a single production run received from manufacturer.
Single production run may be fitted into many containers on the same ship to be shipped,
that number of units is always what the reseller ordered for the production run.

I doubt any reseller can accurately predict how many units they would sell in particular model in a single production run,
but pre-order number can help determine how many units the reseller would order in production runs.

Choose whatever brand of trikes you want, but I'm pretty certain none will come close to the specs & equipment that come close to the first production run of Lectric Trike at $1499.

Looks to me Lectric knows what they are doing:

Having worked on both sides (retail & manufacturer) of bicycle industry for few decades, I can say that retailers have to pre-order & pre-pay certain percentage prior to the goods show up at the stores.
The balance of pre-ordering enough to stock the stores is tricky, with something like the Lectric Trike that has been demanded by customers, ordering from manufacturer to produce enough units for stock may require a large capitol.
Lectric has been in business for less than 5 years, they success & growth seem to have been driven by the value of their bikes and likely units they sold.
Whether their business office is using the money from pre-order customers is hard to tell, but they seem to be managing their growth well.
If their models of selling at lower profit margin works, they will survive until that model stop working and have to evolve to something else.
They are definitely doing well for a new company.....2020....$30 million in sells.....2021......$85 million in sells.....2022....not reported yet.......remarkable growth....good business model.......I love my XP 2.0.

When I ordered my Lectric trike , beginning of March, I was told by customer service , on April 18th, that I should be getting it on the 2nd week of May. It all depends on when you order the trike.I will be calling them the end of this week May 5th to check on delivery date.

"Cut off" date is whenever the reseller sell out of a single production run received from manufacturer.
Single production run may be fitted into many containers on the same ship to be shipped,
that number of units is always what the reseller ordered for the production run
That ship is sailing whether any reseller (mistakenly) believes that he has his name on a single one of those products or not.
These major overseas manufacturers already over here haven't been entirely depending on resellers for quite some time now. Nor are they interested in selling everything in that container at resale pricing.
Any reseller let alone end user banking on that fantasy will be sorely disappointed not if but when.

You are lucky to get what you do when you are promised in this scenario (period).

Choose whatever brand of trikes you want, but I'm pretty certain none will come close to the specs & equipment that come close to the first production run of Lectric Trike at $1499.
It will certainly be interesting to see whether a lack of multiple gears, wheelbase and speed (14 mph. max) will capture the lower end of that bare bones market.

You are lucky to get what you do when you are promised in this scenario (period).

It's not luck; it's called planning ahead.
Latest FedEx notification is that Lectric Trike is expected to be delivered this FRI.

Just how many ebikes have you imported and resold?
How many retail businesses have you operated?

The Lectric Trike was purchased for my In-laws, in their mid-80's in age; not likely to get the trike up to the governed top speed in their activities.
My goal for the trike was just getting them out of the house and enjoy the fresh air, besides the daily walk to get the paper; something out of their routine, another activity to give them more stamina in their old age.

Looking forward to all you early birds providing your feedback on your new trikes that are starting to come this week! I just placed an order for one today for my daughter who has hemiparesis that prevents her from having the ability to maintain balance on a bike. Hoping this works out and she can now share in the experience with my wife and I on our Aventons. Hopefully it comes in before the nice riding season is over!

People already receiving their Lectric XP Trikes today.. I'm in NYC, a bit further from Lectric Headquarter in AZ..
FedEx tracking shows mine arriving on FRI.
Pics from FB group:
EAXY1pd.jpg

ga4b0rQ.jpg

eh5wM07.jpg

FyVzSLH.jpg

I am genuinely happy for you guys receiving these and wish you all the best...yet seeing it up close for the first time in terms of size and wheelbase...it actually looks more like a (still a great deal) $1500 trike.

Congratulations on receiving your lectric trike. I an sure your inlaws will enjoy it. I am in that age bracket too. I will be receiving mine in a couple of weeks. I'm sure you have taken it for a ride.
Can you give us a little report on what your opinion is on the lectric trike.

XP Trike received. here parked next to my wife's Fiido T1 PRO for size comparison, Wife's T1 is modified for rider below 5'.
t093qCx.jpg

vZjLzqX.jpg

QQ19Wzv.jpg

The rear fenders on the trike was bent up during shipping, upon arrival they were resting against the rear tires, preventing the wheels from turning.
Took me about 20 seconds to straighten them out to allow the rear tires to clear.
Besides the fenders, the packaging was top notch, assembly & prep for first ride was very simple & easy.
Clear out the packing/protective materials on the trike, plug one wire to the digital display and push the on button and it comes to life.

Trike riding is very different from bicycling; I learned from riding motorcycle sidecar rigs & recumbent trikes.
Any uneven pavement can require a rider to compensate by shifting bodyweight, even at a stop.
I took the trike out for about 1 mile before breakfast, will have to wait until next weekend for a longer ride.

^^^^^^^^^^
"..Any uneven pavement can require a rider to compensate by shifting bodyweight, even at a stop...."

That seat looks nice for the tush...albeit a little more canted up in the nose area (adjustable?) than I might want to shift around against (above) or forward for that matter.
'A' brings up (again) what I feel is important in a trike: If you can buy or modify some support comfort and/or easy body adjustment in to a seat on the level of say an ATV or sled or mini-bike...you are better off physically and your aching body will thank you later in life.

XP Trike received. here parked next to my wife's Fiido T1 PRO for size comparison, Wife's T1 is modified for rider below 5'.
t093qCx.jpg

vZjLzqX.jpg

QQ19Wzv.jpg

The rear fenders on the trike was bent up during shipping, upon arrival they were resting against the rear tires, preventing the wheels from turning.
Took me about 20 seconds to straighten them out to allow the rear tires to clear.
Besides the fenders, the packaging was top notch, assembly & prep for first ride was very simple & easy.
Clear out the packing/protective materials on the trike, plug one wire to the digital display and push the on button and it comes to life.

Trike riding is very different from bicycling; I learned from riding motorcycle sidecar rigs & recumbent trikes.
Any uneven pavement can require a rider to compensate by shifting bodyweight, even at a stop.
I took the trike out for about 1 mile before breakfast, will have to wait until next weekend for a longer ride.

Looking forward to your impressions of the trike on longer rides. It looks like you did not opt in for the back rest for the seat. I still have not heard from Lectric when mine will be shipped this month, but I remain optimistic now that I see you have gotten yours!

I was pretty much told in post #66 that I did not know much...so let's hear from some folks who do regarding this $1500 folding trike!

I was pretty much told in post #66 that I did not know much...so let's hear from some folks who do regarding this $1500 folding trike!
Nobody said you don't know much.
You were asked specific questions, and you still have not manage to answer for over a week.

It looks like you did not opt in for the back rest for the seat.

I don't think folks who ordered the backrest from Lectric have received them yet.
I ordered mine from AliEx, just have not installed them, since they would restrict the movement of getting on & off the trike.

I am trying to get a Nurse Friend to buy one of these, think it would be perfect for Her.

Rainy morning, replaced OEM cranks with shorter cranks, seat with backrest.
TQ5koO5.jpg

kkUCojb.jpg

RqzQMNE.jpg

Back