Kids and ebikes

I don’t know what it would take for most people in the USA to adapt a more “green” and inclusive way of getting around. I don’t see it happening. Here in the North Eastern US, our winters are harsh and the roads are poor and the cycling infrastructure is nearly nonexistent. There is no shortage of eight cylinder vehicles being used by a single person for purposes that could easily be carried out by a less polluting and less consuming vehicle. People tend to selfishly polute and use resources recklessly. I don’t think that anything short of our eventual extinction will save the world from the infestation of man.

Human nature in general seems to be doomed to be destructive and short sighted. My favorite professor said that thee biggest problem with mankind is that we don’t live long enough to suffer the consequences of our actions.

Similarly with the social issues in our society, climate change, gun violence, systematic racism, criminalization of homelessness, education, etc..
When folks are not shown the reality every hour on TV, there seems to be very little awareness that people could think beyond their everyday lives.
When folks are more concerned with surviving day-to-day, week-to-week; there is no attention paid to problems that can only be felt for the next generation.

Empire State Build less than 48 hrs ago:
JUojQvV.jpg

This is what WTC look like on my ride home today:
20wGNuL.jpg

Similarly with the social issues in our society, climate change, gun violence, systematic racism, criminalization of homelessness, education, etc..
When folks are not shown the reality every hour on TV, there seems to be very little awareness that people could think beyond their everyday lives.
When folks are more concerned with surviving day-to-day, week-to-week; there is no attention paid to problems that can only be felt for the next generation.

JUojQvV.jpg

20wGNuL.jpg
I don’t have a lot of faith in man kind. It reminds me of Nero fiddling while Rome burned. We may have advanced technically, but we have failed to advance as a beings.

Maybe folks in California are used to this from wild fires last few years.. but NYC population is near 19M...
This was the view down 5th Ave this afternoon around 3PM, that's Empire State Building in the faint upper left:
XKFO1fT.jpg

^^^^^^^^^Small wonder that kids refuse to even get their driver's licenses nowadays.
They've been brainwashed/scared to ride a bike in the first place for fear of..well..everything (see above) while at the same time knowing that they would kill themselves on an ebike for obvious reasons...let alone a vehicle of any sort that doesn't drive itself or come with it's own on call chauffeur.
Fact: When these kids start to insist that they now must have a (quote)"...inclusie way of getting around..." (unquote)...guess what?
Nobody begins to care whether they are 'safe' on an ebike or anything else for that matter as utter wokeness truly takes over their very naive young lives.

^^^^^^^^^Small wonder that kids refuse to even get their driver's licenses nowadays.
They've been brainwashed/scared to ride a bike in the first place for fear of..well..everything (see above) while at the same time knowing that they would kill themselves on an ebike for obvious reasons...let alone a vehicle of any sort that doesn't drive itself or come with it's own on call chauffeur.
Fact: When these kids start to insist that they now must have a (quote)"...inclusie way of getting around..." (unquote)...guess what?
Nobody begins to care whether they are 'safe' on an ebike or anything else for that matter as utter wokeness truly takes over their very naive young lives.
Maybe some of us think that being woke is better than the alternative, (I know that I do). Being unawakened won’t help anything. It is actually at the root of our problems. It’s past time for everyone to wake up.

JUojQvV.jpg

20wGNuL.jpg
A disturbing as reality is. Nature at work. Forest fires and the natural flow of air currents. Man is just one player in the game. Proper forest management by man or Nature.The indigenous people practiced control burning eons ago as we are told. Small control fires sure beat massive infernos caused by build up of old growth decaying and creating fuel supplies. Global warming and fossil fuel use don`t cause this. This too will pass as did the dust storms of the great plains due to over farming. Be thankful this is not radioactive dust from a nuclear exchange.

Why bother getting a driver's license when parents or uBer would jus show up when kids need to get to places?
When you're busy looking at your phone all day, no need to learn how to pay attention to where they are walking.
Driving? fuhgeddaboudit.. less kids driving, likely less casualties on the roads & lower insurance cost for all.

Education starts at home.
Behavior & reaction to emotions are learned at home, not a teacher's job to teach more than specific subjects in classrooms.
Kids need to leave home: ready for school, ready to learn.
Part of being a parent is to get your kids ready for learning in classrooms, in school.
If your child is not ready for school, you, as a parent, need to figure out why, not the teacher in the classroom.

https://www.wbur.org/onpoint/2023/04/06/how-to-fix-the-growing-discipline-problem-in-u-s-classrooms

Sadly they don’t all come with a manual. All very easy in your hindsight no doubt.

My wife and I are both unemployed. My mum died in a car crash. We have three children and we're all staying in my grandma's place, and my grandma died this week. My dad has to work at 73. I'll do any job to take care of my family. Please share.​

Sincerely,

William, Prince of Wales

Sadly they don’t all come with a manual. All very easy in your hindsight no doubt.

Where did you read anyone said it's easy?
Plenty of books about raising children available, all different languages; if only someone knows how to read.

A disturbing as reality is. Nature at work. Forest fires and the natural flow of air currents. Man is just one player in the game. Proper forest management by man or Nature.The indigenous people practiced control burning eons ago as we are told. Small control fires sure beat massive infernos caused by build up of old growth decaying and creating fuel supplies. Global warming and fossil fuel use don`t cause this. This too will pass as did the dust storms of the great plains due to over farming. Be thankful this is not radioactive dust from a nuclear exchange.
Thank you for setting these two straight in terms of the pics and what was causing what they tried to pass off as...who knows what.
One can only imagine what local citizens are being told in the most 'woke' areas of our country as Mother Nature (again) fools the chicken littles.

Thank you for setting these two straight in terms of the pics and what was causing what they tried to pass off as...who knows what.
One can only imagine what local citizens are being told in the most 'woke' areas of our country as Mother Nature (again) fools the chicken littles.
Straight from the comatose point of view. Wake up brother.

Why bother getting a driver's license when parents or uBer would jus show up when kids need to get to places?
When you're busy looking at your phone all day, no need to learn how to pay attention to where they are walking.
Driving? fuhgeddaboudit.. less kids driving, likely less casualties on the roads & lower insurance cost for all.

I think another reason kids don’t feel a need to drive anymore is because they’re all connected digitally. When I was a teenager, having a car meant freedom. Being able to drive to the movies, or meet friends at the mall, or go on a date, or drive to a job.

Nowadays, most kids are happy just staying in their bedrooms, texting their friends or playing XBox.

I think another reason kids don’t feel a need to drive anymore is because they’re all connected digitally. When I was a teenager, having a car meant freedom. Being able to drive to the movies, or meet friends at the mall, or go on a date, or drive to a job.

Nowadays, most kids are happy just staying in their bedrooms, texting their friends or playing XBox.
That is probably true, and that is what makes it so sad.

Straight from the comatose point of view. Wake up brother.
One could define 'comatose' as looking up at the sky (see pics above) while declaring that the 'smog' on that particular day was/is anything but simple (incidental) historic fire smoke from Canada.
Change the original post to say whatever, brother...that is what happened above.

I would have a hard time living somewhere while bitching about the fossil fuel keeping me alive there let alone whether the kid from who knows where on the delivery ebike, also keeping me alive by proxy, is safe or not. ;)

Snoop I just returned from Bentonville, Arkansas yesterday. All throughout town and on the mtn. biking trails you saw kids. The town is a buzz with kids riding bikes. Everywhere you look was biking classes and bike related camps. The kids are definitely not the norm in this area as to the rest of the country`s kids inside playing. I know that the majority of the camps are not free but some were posting that they were. The whole atmosphere of this area is bike related. Shows you what money spent on bike commuting and not autos can result in. The bike lanes thru out the cities from Fayetteville,AR to Bella vista, Ar. are amazing. Definitely biking communities on the move.

One could define 'comatose' as looking up at the sky (see pics above) while declaring that the 'smog' on that particular day was/is anything but simple (incidental) historic fire smoke from Canada.
Change the original post to say whatever, brother...that is what happened above.

I would have a hard time living somewhere while bitching about the fossil fuel keeping me alive there let alone whether the kid from who knows where on the delivery ebike, also keeping me alive by proxy, is safe or not. ;)
ETrike, I think it is called Drama.

Maybe folks in California are used to this from wild fires last few years.. but NYC population is near 19M...
This was the view down 5th Ave this afternoon around 3PM, that's Empire State Building in the faint upper left:
XKFO1fT.jpg
I have trouble with 19 million folks living in such a small area. Think about the total failure of power grid and the chaos. Like the saying on Green Acres keep Manhattan just gimme the countryside. Just me!

Worry about a statistically low fatality rate, (children on ebikes), while leaving all children a dying planet and parroting the lies of the far right and big oil. Yeah, you have seen the light…..

Back