Hub motor issue

Mesarz

Local time
11:00 PM
I've got a front wheel hub motor fat tire tricycle. Recently I had a battery go bad on me, after riding for a few minutes on a full battery the power cut out. I went to put it on the charger and my cycle satiator would I cant remember if it would say if it was full or if it acted like nothing was even attached. fast forward a few weeks and now my backup battery blew a fuse. So I took the fuse from my first battery, and put it in my second battery and now when I went to go ride theres an issue with my hub motor not working right. The bike powers up, and I can give it juice, but when I do the tire stays in place and the hub motor spins, ripping the cord out of its connection to the bike. After a quick inspection, I noticed one of the bolts holding the wheel on the forks, pretty much was on the verge of falling off so I figured tightening this may fix the issue... No doesn't seem to fix it and the hub motor might actually even be unscrewing the bolt with its weird behavior... Does anyone know what could be my issue here, I have no idea where to even start.

When you say "the hub motor spins, but the tire stays in place", I need to know what the rim and spokes are doing during this process.

Also, it is very likely that your forks are severely damaged and will not be safe without serious repair or replacement.

The wheel stays completely still, spokes are still, the hub is completely still. It's the bar that goes through the tire and gets bolted to the forks that moves... The bolts don't seem to be moving, but the inside bar is, as for the forks they "look" to be in fair shape but as I had not had time to take the tire off and inspect anything as I noticed it early this morning before work so I wasnt able to look at the actual connection where the bar connects to the forks and have no idea what the condition of this is currently.

OK. The "bar" does NOT repeat NOT go thru the tire. The tire is the rubber part that contacts the road. The bar is called the AXLE. It goes directly thru the center of the hub.

You have "Spun the Axle". It has spread the forks, and those forks will not ever again safely hold an axle. You need a new fork, or a new end welded on.

Do not listen to Human Person on this subject. The fork is unsafe, and anyone with half a clue knows this.

Next time, get those nuts TIGHT, and add a set of Torque Arms. On the front wheel, this issue is deadly.

I will start looking into how to replace these forks and to get a Torque Arm... It makes me wonder why the hell these don't come standard with an e-bike. Thank you for your help, you've saved me alot of grief, time and possibly money.

Back