How to connect a usb

Welsome to the forum - please tell me if I understand you correctly:

1. You would like to add handlebar mounted USB power port - is this for cell phone charging ?

2, You would like to add turn signal indicators - rear mounted turn signalsrequired - is it OK not to have front mounted turn signals with rear only ? Is this for additional rear safety from other bikes or from vehicle traffic ?

3. Your bike has a headlight, correct ? Can you take photo of the headlight side of the in the headlight wire and post here ?

4. How do you turn on your headlight - is the a seaprate handlebar swtich or do your turn it on from the LCD display switches ?

With that info - I will do my best to make a recommendation

Light coming on when you turn on bike and the answer is yes to both rear and front indicators and a usb port

Attachments

• 1696218300806288737821057556028.jpg
    1696218300806288737821057556028.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 60
One direction is to pull the power you will need for the USB from that 12v bike-to-headlight connection.

Did you assemble your APIWO yourself - or did someone else help you ?

You want to follow that wire from the headlight back towards the bike - about 3"-4" back you should find the round connector on that headlight wire. About the thichness of a pencil. That pulls straight apart - see the photo below.

What I need to know - does the male-part/with-pins lead back to the bike - and the female-part/with-holes lead to the headlight ? Or is it vice versa male/headlight - female/bike-side ?

Once you know that - CAREFULLY - both parts of the connector will have small molded Arrows - line up Arrows on both parts First - then push connector back together.

Once you confim the male/female thing - then the "plan" will be to order a appropriate Y-cable - so you retain your headlight function now - and we split it off to have 12V power you can use (reduced) for your 5V USB.

APIWO HEADLIGHT CONNECTOR.jpg

Got it - from what I can see you have a Higo 4 Pin Connector (aslo known as Julet) - that one to the headlight is Male w/4 pins - and the one leading to the bike shjould be Female w/4 holes. The reason I say that is a 5 pin cable is also blue (different blue but in digital photos it close..

Good news with 4 pins - 2 are for your Always-On Front Circle Running Light that comes on when you turn on the bike - and 1-or-2 of the others are for added Hi-Beam.

Do you know how to turn-on your added High Beam ? The reason I ask is I don't have a manual available to me online.

It's late here - let me know tonight and we will work a bit more - for tonight - if you confirm you have 4 Pin Blue Connector - then the Y Splitter we are looking for is the 4-Pin blue shown in this Ali posting: CLICK HERE AND SELECT 4 PIN M8 4-PIN Y SPLITTER CABLE

"Normally" with other eBikes a 5-pin connector is used like for the Bike Display/Controls - think of a 5 pin cable as having 5 TV channels.

"Normally" with other eBikes the headlight cable is a 2 pin - sometimes 3 pin cable - yours is the 1st 5 pin headlight connector.

If you unplug that connector in the jpg with your bike "on" - does only the Headlight/Riding Light switch off - and does all your eBGike Display information still there ? Just checking.

With that 5 pin cable - this would be how to "split off the juice": CLICK HERE ALIEXPRESS 5 PIN Y SPLITTER 1 MALE TO 2 FEMALE

This will allow the "split" - keeps original path intact - and opens a 5-Pin female to draw from.

You wiill need to identify "which" of the pins deliver the juice - and measure voltage of that juice:

IF 12-24 VOLTS THIS HANDLEBAR MOUNTED USB PORT

CLICK HERE HIGO 5 PIN MALE CABLE TO WIRE ENDS

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back