Issue with EBike

Thanks. I'll have to check them out. I wanna see how they are, so to say isolating 1 side when connected & disconnected. Thanks.
I just did a quick search and what I read is that there is a resistor built into the positive side.

Makes sense, just connecting the leads separately wouldn't prevent them from arcing.

Buy the corresponding xt60 connector then solder & heat shrink the corresponding connector together.
Good evening! Okay so I just got the stuff, including the PVC. I want to send you a picture so you can tell me if I have my setup right and maybe you can let me know if i'm doing it right. If I do, i'll heat shrink the PVC and test it. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• 20230917_195941.jpg
    20230917_195941.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 63
Good evening! Okay so I just got the stuff, including the PVC. I want to send you a picture so you can tell me if I have my setup right and maybe you can let me know if i'm doing it right. If I do, i'll heat shrink the PVC and test it. Thanks for your help!
Do you got 1 extra butt splice connector to fix the ground wire. It looks like some bare wire sticking out of it. Also dont 4get to put your heat shrink on b4 crimping the butt splices. Yes it looks correct. Put 1 xt60 connector on the controller & 1 on your battery.

Do you got 1 extra butt splice connector to fix the ground wire. It looks like some bare wire sticking out of it. Also dont 4get to put your heat shrink on b4 crimping the butt splices. Yes it looks correct. Put 1 xt60 connector on the controller & 1 on your battery.
Yes I can fix the wire easily and make it fir perfectly. Also I am not sure what you mean by put the xt60 one on controller and one on battery, don't the bottom one's go to the battery and the two top wires go to the controller. Yes I will make sure to turn it on before crimping. Thanks!

Yes I can fix the wire easily and make it fir perfectly. Also I am not sure what you mean by put the xt60 one on controller and one on battery, don't the bottom one's go to the battery and the two top wires go to the controller. Yes I will make sure to turn it on before crimping. Thanks!
Yes. Sorry for making it sound confusing. Exactly what you said is correct.

Hey there!

I am new to the community and the EBike world so if I make any stupid mistakes please forgive me.

I am building an EBike on my own with an 1800W motorkit from VEVOR. I bought a 48v 20ah battery off Amazon and when I try to connect them I get a big spark(as you can see, I already had a blow twice). I will try to attach some pictures of my setup and if someone can give me some advice that would be great. Thanks!View attachment 10713
That looks sketchy bud, it's normal to arc a bit when plugging it in but make sure all other connections are good I can't tell from that picture but something doesn't look right.

Ok so unfortunately I got the wrong wire, I got the 12 AWG and that is too big. Is there something else I can do to get the lower half of the wire into the battey or do I need to buy the 10 AWG one?

Ok so unfortunately I got the wrong wire, I got the 12 AWG and that is too big. Is there something else I can do to get the lower half of the wire into the battey or do I need to buy the 10 AWG one?
Can you post a pic of what you got going on exactly. 10awg is bigger than 12awg. Thanks.

That looks sketchy bud, it's normal to arc a bit when plugging it in but make sure all other connections are good I can't tell from that picture but something doesn't look right.
Very possible. Im kind of new to this so it's very possible that I may have messed up somewhere. But I can't find anything wrong that I did anywhere else, so I'm assuming it's just the way that I connected it at first that was problematic.

Very possible. Im kind of new to this so it's very possible that I may have messed up somewhere. But I can't find anything wrong that I did anywhere else, so I'm assuming it's just the way that I connected it at first that was problematic.
Most likely, not sure if the kit had a diagram for the controller wires also can't stress compatibility enough with your input and output for that controller and battery setup I've seen a lot of fires from mistakes and those lithium batteries are no joke if they go off. Triple check your work and make sure you don't guess with these things if your not sure don't attempt it until you do more research your quite literally playing with fire if you make a mistake.

Back