Hi from Brazil!

athaydes

Local time
1:51 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm from Brazil now living in a small town in the middle Amazonia; far away from big cities.
Bikes have always been my passion, and I cycle to work and for fun with speed bikes or MTB.
Since 2019 I have been using a e-bike daily to go to work and travel to any part of the city.
Cars no longer that changed my life;
I sleep better knowing that I'm doing my part to reduce my carbon footprint and climate changes.
I'm biology professor so I need to be coherent.
Best regards!
Marcus

Attachments

• IMG_1116.jpeg
    IMG_1116.jpeg
    392.1 KB · Views: 34
Olá e Bem-vindo à nossa pequena casa! :)

Hello and Welcome to our little home! :)

Welcome, from southeast Wisconsin, USA. You are lucky to live in a climate where riding is feasible most days. (though you probably have a lot of rain to contend with)

What do you think of adding some luggage to a rear rack instead of having it hang off of the handlebars, affecting steering?

I ride my bike to work any day it makes sense. Not today, as it snowed last night. Not tomorrow, as it is supposed to snow all night and all day tomorrow. Then, it will get quite cold for the next week with a high temperature of 20 °F (-7 °C). (low will be -7 °F [-22 °C]) My commute is short, so I may ride anyway, but may take the mBike for those super-cold days. (I'll make more heat and have less windchill, as I'll be going slower)

Thanks Smaug, pagheca and HumanPerson for the welcome!
Well, here in Acre, western Brazil, the rainy weather called Amazonian winter, which ruuns form october do march really hinders bike commuting, but I got some practice so, at university I can take a shower and have dry clothes stored, in case I get wet. Worse than rain is the asphalt poor quality, full of holes.
About the luggage on the front, showed in the photo, it is my special way to collect plants along the road and easily place them in the bag.
But this hanging bag way makes it easier to take things as you don't have to tie in the back. Does not affect steering.

Fellows...I have another topic with some maintenance questions, with no answers, would I need to move the topic to another part of the forum you think? >> Help a newbie to change controller

Back