Dual-battery Ebike, Is it worth it?

Anthony123

Local time
8:52 AM
Hello guys!

I am thinking of getting an e-bike for myself and would need your advice. So I was looking at a mope-style Ebike with a banana seat from TN Ebike Canada. They have two versions of their Dalat V1 Ebikes. Their Vintage Edition with a single battery is $1799 and they also have a Dual-battery Edition at the price of $2350. I am thinking of getting the Dual Battery Edition to get extra range since I am gonna use it to get around a lot. However, I also see that they do sell an extra battery at $475, so I am thinking of buying their vintage edition plus the extra battery and carrying it in my bag ($1799+$475 = $2274) to save $76 compared to the Dual-battery edition and swap them in between each ride after one die. So is it worth doing so or should I just get the dual-battery edition straight?

Here are the links:
Vintage edition: https://tnebike.com/products/dalat-v1-electric-bike
Dual-battery edition: https://tnebike.com/products/dalat-v1-dual-battery-edition-electric-bike

Thank you!

Anthony

If you're really going to be using it a lot and you think you will need more than maybe 15 ish miles in a day, I would go dual battery. Carrying a loose battery is a pain and a recipe for disaster. Batteries add a lot of weight to a bike. I haven't ridden a moped style bike, but I have to guess the weight of the 2nd battery will change its balance/ride I have a 17.5 ah battery on a mid drive kit. I weigh 210. I can go 20 miles without peddling, a lot more if I peddle. I dont know if having 9 speeds gets me more mileage than the moped style drive train. In hilly areas, once my battery gets to about 60% I have to be mindful of how hard I draw from the battery because I can get it down to the low voltage cut off. If you're riding in cold weather, your normal distance will drop.

If you're really going to be using it a lot and you think you will need more than maybe 15 ish miles in a day, I would go dual battery. Carrying a loose battery is a pain and a recipe for disaster. Batteries add a lot of weight to a bike. I haven't ridden a moped style bike, but I have to guess the weight of the 2nd battery will change its balance/ride I have a 17.5 ah battery on a mid drive kit. I weigh 210. I can go 20 miles without peddling, a lot more if I peddle. I dont know if having 9 speeds gets me more mileage than the moped style drive train. In hilly areas, once my battery gets to about 60% I have to be mindful of how hard I draw from the battery because I can get it down to the low voltage cut off. If you're riding in cold weather, your normal distance will drop.
Thanks for the advice! I think I will go with the dual version cause I am gonna use it in wintertime as well, carry a heavy battery in winter could be painful :ROFLMAO:

Back