New battery - worth it? - Ariel Rideal

I find that manners are a sliding scale, depending upon what environment you were raised in.
Europeans place a high premium on manners and expression.
Other countries, the facts are king, and people are free to sort out their own unique feelings.

Then there are personality types, like the Keirsey/Meyers-Briggs INTJ. One variant of it (analytical mastermind) can be summarized by the following phrase: "I am dreadfully sorry, but I am afraid I am going to have to cut your little head off".

I suspect, (but do not know), that EIHegpah may be one of the more "facts oriented" personality types.

To be honest, that user @Saluki was answered and shown several times...then still asked the same question over and over again..lol

I just thought he was perhaps drunk or had some sort of issue like we all do ;)

It'll all be alright :cat:

Not really. At least not the rude, aggressive kind. They don't make families, they just break them up.
I'd have to disagree, everyone in a family has something to offer, even the most hateful family member, just sayin :cat:

Well decided that I will go ahead and purchase the new battery. There really wasn't an alternative. I did enquire as to how to treat the battery over the winter off season as far as charging/storage/etc. It's been an expensive lesson.
One thing that I (correctly or incorrectly) take as fact is that not draining a battery below 20% and not charging it above 80% of it's full charge will extend it's life significantly.

Also, on my model airplane battery chargers there is a "Storage" option that charges the battery up to or bleeds it down to 3.8v per cell - which seems tb a widely-accepted level to leave a battery on the shelf with.

I have an Areal Rideal e-bike, bought new in Nov 2021. I used it during the 2022 season but the battery was dead when I tried it this spring. I contacted the manufacturer and sent in the battery for eval. They said it couldn't be repaired and a replacement would cost me $400. My question is why my battery failed and if one can only expect to get less than 6 months use out of a battery before a new one is needed! I'm debating whether the e-bike is worth it !
You can find a replacement for your battery on AliExpress(or ebay) for a bit cheaper. The better way to go is to reuse your case and buy a shrink wrapped battery and put in in the case. It will require a little soldering but is easy to do. I don't know the size of your case. Take a picture of the case and measure it and post that info here.
I have an Areal Rideal e-bike, bought new in Nov 2021. I used it during the 2022 season but the battery was dead when I tried it this spring. I contacted the manufacturer and sent in the battery for eval. They said it couldn't be repaired and a replacement would cost me $400. My question is why my battery failed and if one can only expect to get less than 6 months use out of a battery before a new one is needed! I'm debating whether the e-bike is worth it !

Blunt as it was I actually agree with e l h this time. The forum helps those most who help themselves.

I have an Ariel Rideal e-bike, bought new in Nov 2021. I used it during the 2022 season but the battery was dead when I tried it this spring. I contacted the manufacturer and sent in the battery for eval. They said it couldn't be repaired and a replacement would cost me $400. My question is why my battery failed and if one can only expect to get less than 6 months use out of a battery before a new one is needed! I'm debating whether the e-bike is worth it !
Hi Saluki, Your battery isn't proprietary at all. A standard Hailong battery(48v or 52V) will fit your bike. You should be able to find one in the $200 range.

It took less than 10 seconds to find a replacement, under $200. Amazon.

Did it occur to you to actually lift one or more of your own fingers to solve your problem? What exactly have you been doing other than whining to others to solve your problem for you? I am amazed.

When you get the new one, R T F M
I have an Ariel Rideal e-bike, bought new in Nov 2021. I used it during the 2022 season but the battery was dead when I tried it this spring. I contacted the manufacturer and sent in the battery for eval. They said it couldn't be repaired and a replacement would cost me $400. My question is why my battery failed and if one can only expect to get less than 6 months use out of a battery before a new one is needed! I'm debating whether the e-bike is worth it !
i have the Ariel Kepler. I found a backup battery on Ariel express. Ariel wanted $750 and was permanently out of stock. I got an excellent quality one for $400. The trick is to find one that is the correct voltage and fits. Mine fit in the original bracket perfectly. If you have enough room for a different bracket, they are not difficult to install because they just plug into the controller. Good luck.

Back