Buying from Amazon is no guarantee!

Local time
3:57 AM
If you are buying your e-bike from Amazon thinking Amazon will help you with warranty work, Think again.
They don't.
I bought one bike through Amazon and the other one I bought direct from the manufacturer. The Amazon bike had died at 80 miles, well within the 1-year warranty period. Amazon called the manufacturer once, and that's it.
Just buy these bikes knowing you are responsible right at day 1 for every penny.
Send it back to AMAZON the first day, don't open it up, they do take those back.
I really trusted Amazon but this opened my eyes.

Follow up with Amazon. Ask them to help you until your issue is resolved. They are not as proactive with it as they once were, but they should do more than send one email or make one call.

If not, check your credit card terms; they usually will warranty items you buy.

The main thing Amazon has going for it these days is the reviews, which are mostly uncensored.

I bought one bike from Amazon, the Sailnovo, and left an honest review. (you can also see my honest review of it here in the folding and compact bikes subforum) The seller raised hell with Amazon until they removed my review and blocked me from writing another one. So I reviewed one in another color and was very careful with my wording and made sure to comply with all the rules, so they couldn't have it removed. That one stuck, and now the price is $250 lower than when I bought mine. Don't give up!

Follow up with Amazon. Ask them to help you until your issue is resolved. They are not as active with it as they once were, but they should do more than send one email or make one call.

If not, check your credit card terms; they usually will warranty items you buy.

The main thing Amazon has going for it these days is the reviews, which are mostly uncensored.

I bought one bike from Amazon, the Sailnovo, and left an honest review. (you can also see my honest review of it here in the folding and compact bikes subforum) The seller raised hell with Amazon until they removed my review and blocked me from writing another one. So I reviewed one in another color and was very careful with my wording and made sure to comply with all the rules, so they couldn't have it removed. That one stuck, and now the price is $250 lower than when I bought mine. Don't give up!
Thank you! I shall tilt at the at the windmill once more! Thanks for advice on reviewing, will try that. Fahrbike, don't buy it!

I ended up additionally paying for an "assureon" warranty on my bike. This way, I have two parties to be angry with. It is good to have two recipients for unresolvable rage. ;)
Sadly, so did I. The girl at Amazon today said I should prevail upon them, as well. I responded to her that Assurion does not kick in until the manufacturers warranty runs out. I read their contract. I rejoined that I am relying on Amazon, since Fahrbike is not honoring their "1-year warranty" and Amazon ALWAYS makes good, right?
Perhaps it is as you say, Mr. Robertson. Amazon has fallen in my esteem this day.

If you are buying your e-bike from Amazon thinking Amazon will help you with warranty work, Think again.
They don't.
I bought one bike through Amazon and the other one I bought direct from the manufacturer. The Amazon bike had died at 80 miles, well within the 1-year warranty period. Amazon called the manufacturer once, and that's it.
Just buy these bikes knowing you are responsible right at day 1 for every penny.
Send it back to AMAZON the first day, don't open it up, they do take those back.
Most of the time if you ask for a supervisor,you can get better results.Ask for the supervisor's boss if you don't.One of the reps will not want it to go any higher and you may get satisfaction.

They don't.

Did you buy it FROM amazon, no they do NOT sell bikes you bought from a seller ON amazon

Post the page you bought from

They don't.
Penfield. I agree totally. As an ebiker myself and former bike expert who worked for REI and other LBS. If you purchase an eBike from Amazon or box stores like OceanState etc. There are no garrentees. These cheap ebike are manufactued in Asia and shipped to america. There is no support for your purchase. There are no US dealers/parts trained to fix your ebike. REI only works on their own Co-op brand ebikes as most US dealers do.

They don't.

Have you been able to communicate with fahrbike directly? Here is the link to that seller's page: https://www.amazon.com/sp?ie=UTF8&seller=A22AS48XXIGYWN&asin=B0BTLRGD44&ref_=dp_merchant_link
Click the "ask a question" button and follow the prompts. Because you bought an item from them it may associate the item with your inquiry. Explain the situation as best you can and Amazon will relay this information to the seller. Be aware that if the seller is foreign based there wil be a time offset so you may have to wait 24 hours for a response. You should get an email if there is any response but the messages portion of Amazon is hard to find; when logged in to amazon look at the heading on the top of the page; click the dropdown "accounts and lists" then under the account column click account; on the your account page you will find "your messages"

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
If you want to DO SOMETHING about it, I can show you how.

First, would be to create a DETAILED account of how you have a valid warranty claim. Your posts on this subject contain no such information. DETAIL what actually happened, "it died" is simply not good enough. You are expected to take reasonable steps, such as charging according to the manual, checking for loose wires, testing the battery itself, etc. You are usually required to make MORE THAN ONE attempt to contact the company.

I have been an authorized, independent warranty repair person for several large companies. You need to demonstrate without question that you have defective hardware under warranty. REPEAT, your post does not show this. Nail them to the wall, copies of email, recorded phone calls, dates and times.

Once you have fulfilled these conditions, the next step is to post your story, CLEARLY stating the company, model, dates, etc. on every ebike forum you can find. Like 10-20, at least. Keep it up. Repeat the posts, updating with dates of no response.

Since they are based in China, you can not really access them legally. What you CAN do, is hurt their bottom line. This usually gets results. If nothing else, you can warn others about a bad company. Amazon is not really at fault here, but you can suggest that they should clarify their lack of responsibility with affiliate sellers, and because they ARE based in the US, they may throw you a cookie.

Also, tell the "extended warranty" company that you are going to sit on this POS until the secondary warranty kicks in, and MAKE THEM PAY. If you want someone to get off their ass, the surest way to do it is to give them a severe pain in the wallet. They will lean on the original company for you, assuming they are legit, which some are not.

There is a dealer in California with a hundred or so crappy motors sitting in his basement that he cannot sell, because somebody followed the above steps. It works.

YES! What he said.

I bought an ebike off Amazon also. It worked great for 2 days before a classic hall sensor failure.
I contacted the company, not Amazon and provided them the necessaries. Within a week I received a new hubmotor/wheel, new controller, new monitor, new crank sensor, and new throttle. All good.
Working with the seller was the key.

Funny part is: During that week, my lovely wife took me to a local shop and bought me a Denago Commute 1.
So now I have 2 ebikes.

Back