battery replacement rad city

willie

Local time
4:52 AM
I have a 2017 rad city with 400 miles and the battery failed. Yes I did check the fuses, including the one inside. The tech guy at RAD walked me through the obvious things and then told me it was shot and the replacement battery would cost about $650 delivered. Are there any replacements that fit and work for less?

Snoop

Local time
7:52 AM
Welcome to the forum, Willie.

Check out this thread. There is a company and a contact person discussed a few posts in, where you might be able to get a battery to your specs (I have no experience with them myself).

Hope it helps.

kesd

Local time
11:52 AM
Hi
No idea if any use or not but I have some practically new Bosch batteries for sale on geartrade.com
Used for just a vacation.
Kes

CrossRoads

Local time
4:52 AM
Don't the rad city bikes use bafang rear hub motors? In theory any battery of the same voltage will work. I like the relatively less expensive unit pack power batteries and have used them with bafang rear hub motors. $350 for a 48v 20 amp hour "blue brick", but you'll need to make your own case. More like $500 for the UPP down tube mount with case of same voltage and amp hours. I've been told the UPP supplier on Amazon that says "official" is the best to buy from but I've got them on ebay and they all have worked fine for me. I like the 50 amp bms version which will be more than enough for any typical ebike motor. Also try to keep them not ever run down past 80% drained.

Top Bottom