Zion NTl. Park - do they actually check Class II when entering?

DaveNancy

Local time
7:07 PM
Anyone have experience e-bike your personal bike (non rental) in Zion? I see it is Class 1 only permitted.

I would not exceed 20 or use throttle when on a Class 1 only trail. I am hoping they apply common sense and only check if you violate a law and not bar entry?

Anyone have experience e-bike your personal bike (non rental) in Zion? I see it is Class 1 only permitted.

I would not exceed 20 or use throttle when on a Class 1 only trail. I am hoping they apply common sense and only check if you violate a law and not bar entry?
I would reach out to them at the park ask if your bike would be allowed.

Uhh yep, that’s reason my message says “Isee it is Class 1”…. Did that before I asked this question

My experience in national parks is the rangers around the park and at the front gate pay absolutely zero attention to ebike classes. When I was at Grand Canyon, the written rule only stated that a) ebikes are allowed on any bike path or automobile road and b) when riding on a path, you have to be pedaling (roads were excluded from the pedaling rule)

And ebikes were literally everywhere. Actually lots of bikes were there and probably 75% of them were ebikes. Many of them rented from two different vendors on-site at the South Rim. You could tell who the analog bike riders were... they were going 2 mph or walking their bikes up the hill on the road to Hermit's Rest. I remember hearing one mom ask her son "how much further?!??" as she grunted up the hill. I was zooming down the other way and didn't have the heart to yell out she was still near the bottom.

So long as you aren't being a butthead, you'll be fine. But in the spirit of the rules and playing well with others... pedal the bike. I have nothing but disdain for Class 1 restrictions but I also ride a bicycle so I can pedal it and rarely use the throttle anyway.

Back