"Yolin YL-81C Display" on a Engwe M20

Wetlines1

Local time
4:35 AM
Yolin YL-81C

I somehow got into a P8 screen and now I can NOT get passed it. I've tried 1212, + _, power, unplugging and Battery removal but everything goes back to the P8 Screen. Does anyone have any solutions? I am working with Engwe but progress has been very sloooooow....

Also not interested in smart cracks I'm looking for help

First off, the Yolin YL-81C is not your controller, it is your display.

Second, it should take you literal SECONDS to google it, find the manual, and then the answer to your problem.

To explain the plain english to you, you have selected that you want a password. Now you have to enter one. Read up on how to do that, then startup normally, put in the password you created, then you can select that you do NOT want a password, and go on with your day.

It looks like at this point your only option is to make one, or decide not to change it, which since there is none, and you told it you want one, you are kinda screwed. If you managed to actually create and save a password, you may be well and truly hosed.

Third, do not go screwing around with things you know nothing about without some knowledge, or instruction, or the manual.

You could also do a factory reset, but looks like you will need to first create, then use, a password before that will happen.

I would strongly encourage you to download, and print, the manual as it may not be available in the future for the next time you start pressing buttons randomly. Particularly the power button 8 times, followed by plus or minus once or twice, then the power button again.

So unfortunately Everything listed above has been tried with No success as you physically cant get passed P8 on your display which I mentioned previously

If anyone has a solution or idea I would greatly appreciate it.

I am in conversation with the seller but its one email a day re asking me questions like above that I have already answered. The screen is locked and I need to find away around that

Did you download the manual? Print it out yet?

P8 is password screen. Either to select that you do or do not want one, to create one, after answering yes to the first question, or to enter in one you already created.

Can you get the on-screen keyboard to display, or any character selection menu?

Again, check the manual, but there are only a few things you can do at this screen. Select yes or no to use a password, OR enter a new one after choosing yes to the first question, or enter the one you already created. For the first, selecting NO should do it. For the second, you should get a character selection menu.

If neither one of those work, and you get no character selection menu at all, while carefully and slowly pushing one button at a time and pausing in between, then request a warranty replacement of the display.

If you cannot answer no, and you DO get the character menu, then you need to find out how to blank the display memory. Did not see this in the manual but I did not read the whole thing. Generally, unplug the display for several days should clear it, you may have to short two specific pins in the connector. Be very careful.

So unfortunately Everything listed above has been tried with No success as you physically cant get passed P8 on your display which I mentioned previously

If anyone has a solution or idea I would greatly appreciate it.

I am in conversation with the seller but its one email a day re asking me questions like above that I have already answered. The screen is locked and I need to find away around that
PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU FIND OUT~ Their online support does not have the manual to download and the one i recieved with bike does not speak on code P8~. thanks

I appreciate the help here

Yes I have downloaded the manual. Yes I have tried the suggestions there

My issues is "I'm locked/stuck" and can't get passed the P8 screen. I can only type in numbers. I have tried several combinations. If anyone wants to know 1212 is the factory password. But mine isn't accepting that unfortuantely.

EIH- I will unplug for a week and see if that resets. Thx

I'm continuing conversation will manufacturer but unfortunately they don't read my emails well so they ask or say go to page 4 and do a reset. Again I can not leave page 8. They ignore that statement and speak as if its a brand new working unit not one frozen on page 8

You will need to figure out whatever random combination of letters you managed to enter the first time you were randomly pressing buttons.

This is an object lesson in why you should NOT repeat NOT randomly press buttons on the display.

I received the email response from company: 1212 is the password~. then press the power and plus sign until main screen appears. Not sure what I did to make a password check to happen~ but it's of no inconvenience. Hope this is helpful @Wetlines1

Hi I have the exact same problem with this display....I simply cannot get off the p8 screen.....did try the above 1212 but unfortunately did not help.If any one has any advice I would be very very grateful as I am getting no response from suppliers or manufacturer.help...cheers Paul.

Well, here's the deal.

To publicize an easy way to defeat the password, kinda makes having a password at all kinda meaningless. So, if there is one, they are not likely to tell you.

Disconnect display completely from the bike, there are likely two pins to short to speed the process, but knowing which two is the problem. Let the display sit for several days, press an occassional single button to force a display and use any residual power available. Best Guess

However, three different people, within a week of each other, report the identical oddball error on an obscure bike on an obscure website, Something is going on, and the company knows about it.

Once is bad luck. Twice is coincidence. THREE TIMES is enemy action.

Time for some serious blackmail.

"Gentlemen - I am in contact with multiple purchasers of your equipment ( and I have not even tried hard to find more, YET) which has been rendered useless through no fault of our own and solely caused by your defective equipment. As your error is robbing each of us of many hundreds of dollars in lost utility from your defective hardware, if we do not receive either a solution or replacement display within ten (10) days of this writing, each one of us will begin posting extremely negative reviews of your product and your abysmal customer service, on every ebike and review site we can locate, in multiple countries.

We will continue these actions until a resolution is in hand.

Please advise when you have an actual solution, or a tracking number for the delivery of the new display, from a reputable carrier.

Further discussion short of an actual resolution is neither requested nor desired."

Or something along those lines.

Also, just for giggles, has any one of googled, downloaded, and read the entire manual? Took less than 30 seconds to find, did you make the effort?

I don 't know if it will work or not , but try the password 3288.
If it does not work out , it remains only to sort through 10,000 combinations ! I went over 1000 in 30 minutes )

Good morning, I also have the same problem, stuck in the P8 menu with flashing numbers, I set the password but when I press the on/off button to confirm NOTHING IS HAPPENING.... I entered the menu and could no longer get it out.
ENGWE M20 display YOLIN YL81C-B

Good morning, I also have the same problem, stuck in the P8 menu with flashing numbers, I set the password but when I press the on/off button to confirm NOTHING IS HAPPENING.... I entered the menu and could no longer get it out.
ENGWE M20 display YOLIN YL81C-B
You need to press the power button & the + button & hold until the main screen appears.

Ho provato ma non succede nulla rimane sempre la stessa schermata per impostare la password con voce menù p8
I solved the problem by using the password 1212, then press the power button & the + button & hold for a few seconds. Finally I pressed the power button once more and the main screen appeared !!

Back