New type of display on the heybike mars

Ottois10.

Local time
8:21 PM
Hi everybody, I am a new ebike rider and I recently bought two heybike Mars models. I am having trouble with the display and settings, I've been looking at youtube videos for help, but they are all using the previous style of display and I have not seen anyone acknowledge that there is a new style. I went into my personal settings and now all I have on the screen is 10p and no matter what combination of buttons I use it will not let me out or just go back to the main screen. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi everybody, I am a new ebike rider and I recently bought two heybike Mars models. I am having trouble with the display and settings, I've been looking at youtube videos for help, but they are all using the previous style of display and I have not seen anyone acknowledge that there is a new style. I went into my personal settings and now all I have on the screen is 10p and no matter what combination of buttons I use it will not let me out or just go back to the main screen. Any advice would be appreciated.
Did you figure it out? I'm in the same boat.

Yes, enter in 1212 as a password and it will unlock the bike because that is the heybike default password. You will have to do it every time unless you change the password lock setting to N.

I just took delivery of a new HeyBike Mars with the new display and cannot set the speed limit higher than 15MPH. Yes, I have changed setting 06P (to 63/kmh) but this has no effect as there appears to be a hard limit of 15mph (the European limit) hard coded somewhere else

If I change 06P to a value less than 24 kph (15 mph) the bike will limit to that lower speed. But if I set it higher than 24 kph (i.e. 63) it will never go over 15mph. This is not a motor power issue. I can feel the motor pull back whenever speed hits 15mph even going downhill

I get 20mph on throttle only. How much do you weigh? When I changed the speed settings to the max, it still only got 20mph on throttle but I'm able to get up to 26mph with peddle assist.

I get 20mph on throttle only. How much do you weigh? When I changed the speed settings to the max, it still only got 20mph on throttle but I'm able to get up to 26mph with peddle assist.
I'm a big guy (270lbs) but it doesn't feel like a power issue -- the bike climbs hills with less effort than my other bikes, including a 750W Jupiter Defiant. It really feels like some kind of speed limitation. My son has a Jupiter Summit with a 500W motor and he gets 25MPH out of it easily but can't go more than 15MPH on the Heybike. And if you are coasting downhill on the Heybike at, say, 17 mph and hit the throttle there is nothing -- no acceleration at all

thanks

Sounds like something may be wrong with yours. Downhill you should be getting 20mph no doubt. Change your tire size to like 15" and see if that makes a difference.

Sounds like something may be wrong with yours. Downhill you should be getting 20mph no doubt. Change your tire size to like 15" and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks. I did that. In fact changed tire size to 8". Made no difference (still 15MPH top speed on the GPS). If I am coasting gently downhill at 16MPH and push the throttle there is absolutely no response. No noise indicating the motor is getting energized, no acceleration, etc. As soon as the speed drops to 14 MPH or below, there is

Yes, I would contact heymars immediately. They are going to ask you for a recording and pictures for proof of the issue. They don't make it simple when there is an issue. Good luck and keep me posted on what happens. Has someone else ridden the bike by chance? That way you can prove it doesn't have to do with your weight.

Yes, I would contact heymars immediately. They are going to ask you for a recording and pictures for proof of the issue. They don't make it simple when there is an issue. Good luck and keep me posted on what happens. Has someone else ridden the bike by chance? That way you can prove it doesn't have to do with your weight.
I sent them (HeyBike) an email last Friday but haven't heard anything back yet. My son, who is 6"2 and 270lbs, has ridden it with same results.

He's the one who has a 500W Jupiter Summit that routinely easily goes 25MPH with him on it

Note that the bike shipped with the wheel diameter set to 23" which resulted in the bike's speedometer reading 18MPH when the bike was actually going 15MPH (verified with GPS). I do have to wonder if that's intentional. I reset the wheel diameter to 21" and now the speedometer and the odometer on the bike itself are accurate

Hey everyone , I tried the 1212 passcode on my mars bike that has that same 10P screen and I even though I typed it, it just blinks the passcode but do I need to press anything to input it or has the passcode changed perhaps? Thanks for any help. I have the newer style display.

I sent them (HeyBike) an email last Friday but haven't heard anything back yet. My son, who is 6"2 and 270lbs, has ridden it with same results.

He's the one who has a 500W Jupiter Summit that routinely easily goes 25MPH with him on it

Note that the bike shipped with the wheel diameter set to 23" which resulted in the bike's speedometer reading 18MPH when the bike was actually going 15MPH (verified with GPS). I do have to wonder if that's intentional. I reset the wheel diameter to 21" and now the speedometer and the odometer on the bike itself are accurate
When you change the wheel size, it will make your speedometer reading off. Increasing the number, say to 40, should trick the controller to think the bike is going slower and actually you should be going faster. Of course, the speedometer will not read correctly. That is going to be the price you pay for tricking the controller.

I received the "new" display which has the buttons on the front side rather than on the left side of the LCD. I couldn't make it readable in outside light and the buttons were not that easily accessed when riding. Called Customer Support and ordered the previous display for about $100. Easily worth it. Or you can order the "old" display from another source (it doesn't appear to be limited to Heybike products). It's model No. is KD21C. Heybike told me the display represents all the "brains" of the bike, so a bike delivered with the "new" LCD can be switched to the "old" LCD without messing with any other computer issues. Great bike for the bucks.

Can you post a pic of the "old" display that you like - with a shot of the cable connector ? Just to make sure. KD21C which has 3-buttons on the front left side of the display - and 4 different style connectors

There is a circle of 5 male pins inside the plug.

Attachments

• IMG_0244.jpeg
    IMG_0244.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 68
Many thanks - especially noting the display-side male plug connector (most other displays are display-side female).

Amazon is a reliable source - and most purchases have return priviledges - some displays are shipped "express" from HK/China for 10 day delivery,

1. KD21C/Equivalent $40-$50
2. S866 display is same chip set - different display - round button case - available with same display side 5-pin male connector - AZon $25-$30

Back