Wired Freedom thumb throttle

johndee

Local time
5:23 AM
I just got my Wired Freedom and want to swap the twist throttle to the thumb style. Is there a unit available that is plug and play or do I need to cut and solder wiring? I can do so, but am not really interested in cutting up the stock throttle in case I want to switch back.

There are approximately twelfty million different ebike brands out there. Without a picture or a link, no one knows how your throttle is connected.

There are only a few types of standard connectors. Take a picture of yours and post it.

The throttle wiring connection is the standard yellow/orange 3 pin connector. The thumb style I purchased hooked right up but the controller didn't like it and declared a throttle fault, or either it didn't recognize it. Anyway, I was hoping for a suggestion on possible alternatives. Wired, MIGHT be able to sell me another throttle assembly to alter. I am reluctant to cut and solder into the only one I have that does work to try out the thumb.

Is your connector a round connector? or the 3 pin square connector? Does your throttle only have 1 connector or 2. How many wires total in the throttle assembly? Is there a possibility for a throttle relearn procedure?

I just did this on my bike. The controller I got did not work. It has 3 wires. I left the black wire alone but cut and reversed the 2 wires and now it works. I have read other owners had to do the same thing.

So you are speaking of the wire lead from the thumb throttle? I havent cut into anything yet. I presume there are 3 wires in this lead, since
the ROUND terminal only has 3 pins. The stock twist throttle has the same config, one lead with a round 3 pin terminal.

Yes. The pin connector was the same but would not work. I cut it and swapped the 2 wires.
Really like the thumb better. Easier to hang on to!!

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back