What do people think about Pedego electric bikes?

So I don't want to upset anyone, I am just learning before I buy. But, is there something wrong with Pedego? It has not been mentioned?
I haven't heard complaints, and we love ours. Just want to echo what someone else said: Pedego bikes might be more expensive than some, but you have access to a local store for maintenance and service that you don't have with many other brands. And not many ebikes come with a 5 year warranty.

I haven't heard complaints, and we love ours. Just want to echo what someone else said: Pedego bikes might be more expensive than some, but you have access to a local store for maintenance and service that you don't have with many other brands. And not many ebikes come with a 5 year warranty.

Welcome to the forums! :cool:

Yes, welcome!

Also:
1709139128561.png

I like the fact that Pedego has brick and mordor shops across the country, but their bikes styling is about as exciting as a day old tuna fish sandwich. Besides, that I've never heard of any reliability issues with any of their bikes. Pedego, and Aventon seem about the same to me, and both brands have shops in my area. Both brands are a good choice for anyone that wants a bike they can have maintained, and repaired by a local shop.

I have a Boomerang for three years now. I like the warranty, and the availability of service. It is a sturdy bike. I’m 69 years old and find this bike enjoyable to ride.

They have been around for quite a while. I test drove and rented some of their bikes before I bought my Trek. The people in their store where very helpful. A lot of people really like them and it is convenient that they have a lot of stores. When I was shopping for my ebike I wanted a class 3 bike with 28 mph pedal assist and they had none.

I have had a terrible experience with the Pedego dealership where I live. Each dealership has to be certified by Pedego HQ/Corporate (it is after all their name on the store front) so ultimately, I blame them for my experience. I was sold a pre-loved bike that was in poor condition and the dealership does not keep parts in stock nor does it have a trained Pedego tech working on the bikes. My bike has been in the shop for 2 weeks. If I had not continually chased the dealership for answers, I would have heard nothing from them but today they say they still don't know what exactly is wrong and it could be another 6-8 weeks before the bike is repaired! It is a colossal understatement to say they could not care less about their customers. My clear advice - STAY WELL AWAY from Pedego bikes.

Sorry to hear of your experience. We bought one Juiced and one Lectric and have been very happy with them. I can understand your frustration and disappointment, but don’t throw out the whole bunch because one of the vendors is unscrupulous.

Sorry to hear of your experience. We bought one Juiced and one Lectric and have been very happy with them. I can understand your frustration and disappointment, but don’t throw out the whole bunch because one of the vendors is unscrupulous.
Thanks for your support but my question is - if you can't rely on Pedego to ensure that only scrupulous people are permitted to sell and service their products, can you really rely on them at all? Is their desire to sell product greater than their desire to ensure that their customers have a good experience?

I am 66 and have ALS. My disease is very slow progressing but I was a runner, golfer and swimmer. Up until last year I could still walk quite fast and far. I developed some issues with my left foot and right knee, probably from the treadmill. I live on the beach and really missed the walks. Last October, I decided to drive to my local Pedego dealer and test drive a few bikes. They had an Interceptor Platinum and a regular Boomerang. I loved the suspension of the Interceptor but loved the easy step through and feel of the Boomerang. In October it was impossible to get a Boomerang Platinum so I waited.

Now, I own a Boomerang Platinum and love it. I've only had it out a couple of times because I'm waiting for some accessories but I'm so glad I bought it.

Until I tested ebikes, I thought my biking days were over with this disease. Even if I only get to use it a year, it'll be so worth it.

I did try some other brands, including trikes but the Boomerang just felt right.
Great job going for it!

It seems that most people who buy Ebikes don't actually need them. They can pedal, and they want something to go superfast on while not pedaling very much. I am a disabled person. I am 62, on SS disability, have a disabled license plate, have serious hip and knee joint problems, a degenerative muscle condition, severe arthritis, and a few other things. I can walk slowly for maybe 50-60 feet with the aid of a cane. I have a mobility scooter. I have to either use an electric shopping cart or my mobility scooter. I used to ride a bicycle a lot (NOT part of the Spandex crowd) and really enjoyed it.

But since winding up in this condition, that put a stop to my bicycle riding. I now sit home in front of a computer instead. I could ride a bicycle IF I didn't have to pedal, and the bicycle had a step through frame. I have been considering an Ebike for some time, but all the information I can find about them seems aimed at the Spandex crowd and their "pedal assist" I just want to go on slow, leisurely rides around my neighborhood, and ride on a bike path that runs along a canal bank. Something enjoyable that will get me out of the house.

A couple of weeks ago, I paid a visit to my local Pedego store. I was treated very nicely despite my condition. Most people tend to look down on, or completely ignore someone in my condition. I rented a NON Platinum step through bike and took it out for a ride of about an hour, at around 7-8 mph (normal pedal bike speed for commuters and recreational riders) WOW. I loved it. It showed over half the battery life left when I got back. I was told that at 7-8 mph it should easily go 20+ miles without pedaling (I would be stranded if the battery went dead away from home). I thought about it for a week, then went back and ordered a NON Platinum 26" step through model in Mineral Blue with the alloy wheel option (I weigh 240 pounds) and the 48V 15 amp hour battery. I can't wait for it to show up. If this bike will get me out of the house for a couple hours a day, it will completely change my life. Probably even extend it quite a bit.

I highly recommend Pedego. Their people are very friendly and helpful, they don't push the "sport" aspect of cycling, the bikes are excellent quality, they have a 5 year warranty. Yes, $4K OTD seems like a lot, but that will only get you a middle of the road Tour de France style pedal only road or mountain bike. I expect to ride it for at least 10 years. That's only $400 a year or $35 a month. And they have very low interest financing.
Great job going for your dream!

Back