• Hello new members! Please sign up using Facebook, Gmail, Twitter or an Email Address! We are the friendliest electric bike group on the internet. All ebikers are welcome here, any riding style and any age!

What do people think about Pedego electric bikes?

Anna

So I don't want to upset anyone, I am just learning before I buy. But, is there something wrong with Pedego? It has not been mentioned?

jimmy

They have been around for quite a while. I test drove and rented some of their bikes before I bought my Trek. The people in their store where very helpful. A lot of people really like them and it is convenient that they have a lot of stores. When I was shopping for my ebike I wanted a class 3 bike with 28 mph pedal assist and they had none.

Anna

They have been around for quite a while. I test drove and rented some of their bikes before I bought my Trek. The people in their store where very helpful. A lot of people really like them and it is convenient that they have a lot of stores. When I was shopping for my ebike I wanted a class 3 bike with 28 mph pedal assist and they had none.
Thank you. I have a Pedego store and a Trek store both within a mile of my place!

Joe

I love my Pedego. It’s been a great bike. My pedego store has been great and a test ride was important to me. I rented and then bought. Some shops have their rental fleet available and those bikes don’t cost as much. Knowing what I know now our second bike will probably be from the used rental fleet. Hope this helps!

nathan

We did a test drive at Pedego, loved the bikes, just more money than we wanted to spend.

poppy

I agree with looking at ebikes with a proven track record even though they may cost more. But, the single most important thing is a decent test ride. I had decided on a Pedego City Commuter based on all the positive reviews I read online. I took one on a decent test ride and discovered it wasn't the bike for me. Nothing wrong with Pedego. I just wasn't comfortable on it. I test rode other brands after that and found one I liked. My local bike shop is located right next to the bike trail. I was a able to go on a 30 minute test ride. It's pretty much impossible to evaluate a bike just riding around a store parking lot.

rob

My complaint is the rear rack battery that just sucks and only one bike with a mid drive plus they are all only class 2 bikes.

brad

My complaint is the rear rack battery that just sucks and only one bike with a mid drive plus they are all only class 2 bikes.
You’re probably talking about the City Commuter Mid-Drive. FYI, there are also the Pedego Conveyor which is a Class 1 Brose mid-drive and the Elevate which is a Class 1 eMTB Shimano mid-drive. Both of these have downtube mounted batteries.

You’re right, though, that the most popular Pedegos are Class 2 with battery racks. Personally, I love throttles! I prefer having direct control over how much assist I get at any given moment. I know people generally prefer pedal assist, but most Pedegos have both.

benny

Plus: great customer service, lots of dealer locations

Minus: limited styles of bikes, price, & no class 3 bike availability