It only takes a few.......

riplipper

Local time
7:01 AM
To RUIN things for EVERYONE.
E bikes have just been banned on our beach. We have, or should I say HAD, about 11 miles of nice beach for riding at low tide.
Every day I see people just peddling along enjoying the beach at a nice reasonable speed.
But I also see just one or two FLYING down the beach at full throttle not peddling at all.
Well, apparently, they have hit one or two kids.

Please think about what YOU do and how you do it so you don't ruin it for EVERYONE.

Yeah, I know, I am on a soap box. But I am really pissed off.

crazy!! just spoke with my friend who owns all seasons roofing of st. augustine and he said he's just lazy and laying around the
house in the warm weather LOL

Ya'll stay chilly down there!! :cool:

To RUIN things for EVERYONE.
E bikes have just been banned on our beach. We have, or should I say HAD, about 11 miles of nice beach for riding at low tide.
Every day I see people just peddling along enjoying the beach at a nice reasonable speed.
But I also see just one or two FLYING down the beach at full throttle not peddling at all.
Well, apparently, they have hit one or two kids.

Please think about what YOU do and how you do it so you don't ruin it for EVERYONE.

Yeah, I know, I am on a soap box. But I am really pissed off.
That's what I'm concerned about in general with ebikes. A few idiots will get local legislators to impose more regulations, taxes, licensing, etc. Of course it's "for the children" or some such B.S.

Cold for us. Today high is 50 and freaking brutal north wind.
Had a great bonfire yesterday when it was 55 and sunny. Love that stuff.

As far as passing laws, it seems to be all or nothing. Reasonable people would suggest, OK limit e bikes before 9am and after 5pm. Same with dogs on the beach in some areas. Guess its just easier to manage the all or nothing crap.

Cold for us. Today high is 50 and freaking brutal north wind.
Had a great bonfire yesterday when it was 55 and sunny. Love that stuff.

As far as passing laws, it seems to be all or nothing. Reasonable people would suggest, OK limit e bikes before 9am and after 5pm. Same with dogs on the beach in some areas. Guess its just easier to manage the all or nothing crap.
I really need to get back down there to st. augy and visit me peeps!! :cool:

Bonfire sounds great! :)

Hopefully they dunt get to strict on yas down there, i used to love riding the beaches.
Makes the Soul happy to ride the sand and smile with beachgoers and sometimes stop for a drink with a few

Back