Voilemart Power Problem

GrahamW

Local time
9:24 AM
Hi, newcomer on the Forum.
Have done a basic conversion using a Voilemart 250w 36v and a 10ah green cell battery front hub kit using all their components.
Front wheel turns on the throttle but not enough power to pull the bike along.
Voilemart frustrating the hell out of me have asked various questions, presumably to spot a get out reason and have now stopped replying.
I have asked them for a replacement controller assuming its faulty but no response.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to a likely reason/solution please.
The bike is just a casual facility so not looking for any big costs. I have seen replacement controllers available for reasonable cost so again any suggestions please.
Final thing please, pas sensor not fitted yet would that cause this poor power. Thanks

Hi, newcomer on the Forum.
Have done a basic conversion using a Voilemart 250w 36v and a 10ah green cell battery front hub kit using all their components.
Front wheel turns on the throttle but not enough power to pull the bike along.
Voilemart frustrating the hell out of me have asked various questions, presumably to spot a get out reason and have now stopped replying.
I have asked them for a replacement controller assuming its faulty but no response.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to a likely reason/solution please.
The bike is just a casual facility so not looking for any big costs. I have seen replacement controllers available for reasonable cost so again any suggestions please.
Final thing please, pas sensor not fitted yet would that cause this poor power. Thanks
It could be the PAS messing with you. How many wires is on the PAS harness? Could we get some pics of your controller & wiring?

I'm no ebike technician yet! But I soon will need be.

Morning, and thanks for helping.
Pictures of the controller and three wire connector for the pas sensor. Again would add the sensor isn't yet connected as I have had to order a split ring fitting as the retaining pedal nut on the bike is stuck.
Have had the front hub turning with the bike propped on stands and trial rides confirm very little pulling power. Thanks

Attachments

• 16941714751831846151108841132528.jpg
    16941714751831846151108841132528.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 75
  • 16941714993745422603780459901743.jpg
    16941714993745422603780459901743.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 67
Morning, and thanks for helping.
Pictures of the controller and three wire connector for the pas sensor. Again would add the sensor isn't yet connected as I have had to order a split ring fitting as the retaining pedal nut on the bike is stuck.
Have had the front hub turning with the bike propped on stands and trial rides confirm very little pulling power. Thanks
What display are you using? I think you might have program settings that need changed. I've watched some videos & been doing some research on that kit.

Firstly had the supplied thumb throttle that simply displayed the charged state of the battery.
I did obtain a twist throttle but that again only gives info on battery state.
I too thought that some postings mention an led display that allows access into the programming mode but didn't think this simple kit required it. If it is set in pas sensor mode I cannot check that until the split ring sensor arrives next week.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Thanks for the help on this I think I will abandon the conversion and offer the parts for someone else to utilise.
The thinking now is to purchase a ready built one and better balanced bike and have seen two. One is straightforward however the other has one issue that seems to divide opinion. It's a 250w 48v motor powered by a down tube 36v 10ah battery. The distributor has said the controller has been balanced correctly for the combination but I have seen posts that say it's a problem to have different voltage combinations other than reduced power.
Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Motors are battery agnostic, lower voltage means lower speed, it is the controller which specifically allows or denies a particular voltage. Too low and it won't work because it detects the battery as dangerously undercharged, too high and it pops. Controller has not been "balanced", it merely has a menu setting which allows for a lower voltage to be specified.

On your current kit, it sounds very much like you are in "Walk Assist" mode, which is the only setting which would account for what you are observing, and if you happen to be in England, or the EU, "walk assist" mode is ALL YOU WILL GET with a throttle only. Thank your lawmakers.

Assuming they do not want the old sensor back, you can literally cut the magnet ring in half, and temp mount it with some glue, tape, silly putty or string, and test for functionality, which I am reasonably certain you have.

Back