ENGWE Problems

VCG

Local time
5:29 AM
Apparently I need a new throttle and according to ENGWE they are not in stock and no longer available! There are plenty generic types available on ebay but how do I know the wiring of the controller as I have no circuit diagram? Would I need to change the controller also and then would it talk to the motor? What a mess! Does anyone have any suggestions? It shouldn't be rocket science as there is just a display, a throttle, a controller, an alarm unit and a motor. There are about four or five little plugs but various colour of wires! Help!

Maybe if you have pictures of the connectors to the throttle, someone can provide you a link to what you need?

Hi,
Many thanks. I will try to attach a photo of both ends of the throttle which might allow a better idea of what I have and what I need.
Kind Regards,

Attachments

• IMG_3386.PNG
    IMG_3386.PNG
    912.5 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_3387.jpg
    IMG_3387.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 161
Hi,
Many options but the colours of the wires go into different plugs. I have no circuit diagram so I don't know what does what! ENGWE customer service were totally unhelpful which for a large distributer is shocking!!

Start figuring it out yourself, 8 wires two connectors, not that difficult.

That easy eh? So tell me, how do I break into the throttle body to trace the Throttle, Lights & Horn? Thanks for the help!!

That easy eh? So tell me, how do I break into the throttle body to trace the Throttle, Lights & Horn? Thanks for the help!!

If you don't feel comfortable doing it, then take it to a shop.
I can't tell you what to do without seeing the whole bike.

That combination of throttle/light/horn is probably proprietary to Engwe. Not seen that one before. So you might have to see what wires go where and try and match up the three wires from the throttle, maybe you can then use this.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Hi,
Many thanks. I will try to attach a photo of both ends of the throttle which might allow a better idea of what I have and what I need.
Kind Regards,
I'm not well versed in these, but had a couple cheap ebikes. Ill try & help you out. Them connectors you are holding, is there 2 total? 1 connector with 5wires, & 1 connector with 3 wires.

If there is 2 connectors, can you unplug them, & post a pic, soo I can see them.

The next thing is what's all on your throttle, PAS switch & a on/off switch. Or something else? What does the 2 red buttons operate. Thanks.

Hi,
Thank you for the response. The problem is that there is no response (click on when you twist) and ENGWE have washed their hands saying that throttle AND bike is no longer in production. Now, I can get another throttle but the plugs/wires are different. On the throttle the two red switches are, one for the front light and one for the horn which complicates things a little. If I could get into the throttle at the handle bar end I could easily trace the Light & Horn wires to their respective plugs. I may have to try to connect the battery, fold the bike, turn on the light horn and then try to unplug each connector in turn to see what is what! Even once I do all of that, will the replacement throttle talk to the Display, Controller and Motor? I will attach some pictures and you will see in the display that there is a red light which I presume is indicating the throttle problem?
Kind Regards,

Attachments

• IMG_3370.jpg
    IMG_3370.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_3371.jpg
    IMG_3371.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_3372.jpg
    IMG_3372.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_3387.jpg
    IMG_3387.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 122
................sorry, there are several plugs from the controller but only two plugs from the throttle cable. The smaller plug has an extra black piggy-backed to the black on the larger plug. There is even a two pin male plug with nothing connected to it but it does have power on it. This is the first time the bike electrics stowage has been opened so that plug has never had anything connected to it. You can see it in this picture.

Attachments

• IMG_3388.PNG
    IMG_3388.PNG
    921.1 KB · Views: 154
Real glad I did not buy one.was looking real hard at them.went with a vtuvia and glad I did.After 2 1/2 years they still help and give a link to parts on amazon

You bought a bike with the convenience of having a light switch, and a horn switch, on the throttle, a vital component.

Only now, do you understand the price you have paid for this convenience.

Seperate out the lights and horn, you can get a seperate switch for each or ignore them altogether.

The throttle is a vital component, get a Standardized replacement that is THROTTLE ONLY, so that the next bleeping time this happens, it will be a LOT less hassle.

Hi,
Thank you for the response. The problem is that there is no response (click on when you twist) and ENGWE have washed their hands saying that throttle AND bike is no longer in production. Now, I can get another throttle but the plugs/wires are different. On the throttle the two red switches are, one for the front light and one for the horn which complicates things a little. If I could get into the throttle at the handle bar end I could easily trace the Light & Horn wires to their respective plugs. I may have to try to connect the battery, fold the bike, turn on the light horn and then try to unplug each connector in turn to see what is what! Even once I do all of that, will the replacement throttle talk to the Display, Controller and Motor? I will attach some pictures and you will see in the display that there is a red light which I presume is indicating the throttle problem?
Kind Regards,
I would proceed as you have suggested, trying to figure out which connector serves the throttle and which serves the light/horn switch. Once you know how many wires the throttle has you can search for a twist throttle that will work. Then you can use somethinglike this: https://www.amazon.com/DKMOTORK-Alu...p/B08GSLB3LZ/ref=psdc_404724011_t3_B07GVJVYCQ to control the horn and light.
Another thing that might help with connector identification is look at the horn and headlight to try to determine the wire colors leading in to them.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Apparently I need a new throttle and according to ENGWE they are not in stock and no longer available! There are plenty generic types available on ebay but how do I know the wiring of the controller as I have no circuit diagram? Would I need to change the controller also and then would it talk to the motor? What a mess! Does anyone have any suggestions? It shouldn't be rocket science as there is just a display, a throttle, a controller, an alarm unit and a motor. There are about four or five little plugs but various colour of wires! Help!
If you contact the head office in China, they will tell you to contact the UK dealer. This gives contact to China, this time they will deal with you. I have done this twice.

Back