Sondors Fold XS

M

messenjah71

Does anyone know what controller the Sondors Fold XS uses?

I think that after 4000 miles, my controller is showing signs of failure.

Power to both pedal assist and throttle will stop, then after a while will start up again. This is happening with some frequency now.

Thanks for your help!

Hello, I’m having an issue with my fold xs at the moment, basically it won’t switch on after only 500 miles. It was working fine then i switched it on one morning and everything came on as usual (LCD screen etc) and then instantly everything cut out and won’t switch on again. After 5 weeks of awful customer service from Sondors they finally sent me a controller as they think that’s the issue. However they sent a different one to what I need and I’ve been trying to contact them since Monday this week and they won’t answer my emails etc to get a replacement or discuss my options. Ive attached an image to the post so you can see the two controllers I’ve got.

My controller is the one on the left and the one they sent me is on the right. My controller has 2 extra wires on the left side of the wire group. Im not sure what the extra orange and red plugs on the left side do and why they’re not on the controller they sent me. I’m thinking it’s the lights and indicators but not sure.

I’m not even 100% sure it’s the controller with the issue and always thought it could be the LCD screen and the + i - switch. But im sure Sondors know best.

Do you know yourself or does anymore reading this post know? Any help would be much appreciated.

Hope this helps you.

Attachments

• IMG_1017.jpeg
    IMG_1017.jpeg
    238.4 KB · Views: 92
I love my fold, but it has some design deficiency's that effect reliability. The biggest problem is having the controller locked up inside the frame with no ventilation. This makes the controller get very hot when using lot of power, and causes failures.

Be aware that Sondors controllers, and display's are protocol protected, which means neither part will work with aftermarket controllers, or display's. The work around for this problem is to replace both parts at the same time.

These aftermarket parts will replace the stock controller, and display.

While you're at it, it would be a good idea to move the controller to outside of the frame, but it requires a lot of extra work.
b.jpg

GPS Alarm.jpg

I love my fold, but it has some design deficiency's that effect reliability. The biggest problem is having the controller locked up inside the frame with no ventilation. This makes the controller get very hot when using lot of power, and causes failures.

Be aware that Sondors controllers, and display's are protocol protected, which means neither part will work with aftermarket controllers, or display's. The work around for this problem is to replace both parts at the same time.

These aftermarket parts will replace the stock controller, and display.

While you're at it, it would be a good idea to move the controller to outside of the frame, but it requires a lot of extra work.View attachment 9725
View attachment 9726
Thank you for the information. I been looking on that site but didn’t realise you needed to change both parts.

I will definitely look at that this as an option.

Can I ask in your opinion what you think is the problem is with my bike? It’s only done 500 miles, 7 months old and with it not switching on now Is it most likely the Controller rather than just the LCD screen and assistance switch?

Thanks for your help

Since your bikes problem was intermittent, and seemed to get worse over time, that sounds a lot like a bad controller.

Does anyone know what controller the Sondors Fold XS uses?

I think that after 4000 miles, my controller is showing signs of failure.

Power to both pedal assist and throttle will stop, then after a while will start up again. This is happening with some frequency now.

Thanks for your help!
I have a Fold XS I bought May 2022, only 400 miles on it. Did you have any resolution? I’d be willing to let it go for $1000. Getting too heavy for me to transport. It has the fender/rack setup also.

My 2017 Sondors Fold X Display is no longer working. It has a brand new battery and the display got wet, after putting it in rice it will not turn on and E bike has no power to accelerator. Is there a Display that is available to replace this with one that does not require the controller replacement as well?

Back