Share your eBike-related purchases

One accessory I would buy in an instant if I could find it - a display cover - that actually Covers the display. [protection from rain]

I have an M5 display - common on Lectric and similar ebikes. There are now a bunch of "display covers" available. But they are really just silcone covers for the edge - to guard against scrapes and small bumps. None of them that I have seen actually cover the display and keep rain out.

I ordered a rear rack, and a second 60V 20Ah battery with a factory blender kit today.

Oh, and I ordered a bike to mount it on, a Motor Goat v3.

It seemed a shame to buy all those accessories, without a bike they fit on.

I ordered a rear rack, and a second 60V 20Ah battery with a factory blender kit today.

Oh, and I ordered a bike to mount it on, a Motor Goat v3.

It seemed a shame to buy all those accessories, without a bike they fit on.
I watched TailHappy TVs review on that bike a couple of days ago. Looks like it’s going to be hard to stay out of trouble on it. (45 mph!)

The direct drive motor should last just about forever.

Congratulations!

One accessory I would buy in an instant if I could find it - a display cover - that actually Covers the display. [protection from rain]

I have an M5 display - common on Lectric and similar ebikes. There are now a bunch of "display covers" available. But they are really just silcone covers for the edge - to guard against scrapes and small bumps. None of them that I have seen actually cover the display and keep rain out.
… but the factory display is already weather-sealed.

I bought this Co2 tire inflator so hopefully I won't get stranded next time I get a flat.
20240327_125918.jpg

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I watched TailHappy TVs review on that bike a couple of days ago. Looks like it’s going to be hard to stay out of trouble on it. (45 mph!)

The direct drive motor should last just about forever.

Congratulations!
My current bike will exceed 30 MPH. I realize that throttle thing controls how naughty I am. ;)
Most the time when I commute to work, it is at 21.2 MPH (PAS 3). It seems like a reasonable clip.

This is the part I am not joking about. Where I work, is at the base of a mountain chain which is known to have mountain lions.
It may not outrun a lion at 45, but I would sure be willing to give it my best try. Perhaps cut off the trail and get back on the road; then try to weave through traffic and let it deal with car bumpers. I already have to play "dodge the deer and javelina game".

Still, I like the commute to work on an eBike. It gives me time to collect myself and plan my workflow for the day.

I bought this Co2 tire inflator so hopefully I won't get stranded next time I get a flat.
I was at the bike shop yesterday looking for a pump for my new gravel bike. I thought I might try a CO2 kit instead, but a CO2 with inflator and a couple cylinders weighs more than the latest pocket pumps, and the pocket pumps give a fellow a second chance. So I bought a pocket pump. The hose has Schrader on one end and Presta on the other and stores inside one end of the pump:
1711635358288.png

Lezyne Pocket Drive: https://ride.lezyne.com/products/pocket-drive

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Update on the Lumos helmet, it is awesome. I haven't tried the turn signals yet; no place to mount the remote on the handlebar of my gravel bike. The Bluetooth remote attaches with O-rings, so is not hard to move from bike to bike, but I wouldn't want to do it all the time, so I'll need to decide which bike I want it on.
  • Press the button on the back and it turns on with a double-beep. Long-press to turn off. (with a single beep)
  • It has a rubber cover for the USB-C charging port, which is just below the power button. When charging, an LED behind the power button comes on red. When charged, it turns green.
  • I gave this a thorough try last night on an 11 mile ride home on the city streets. (In that ride, I only had one A-hole in a full size truck honk at me for daring to be in the street. I had to take up some of "his" lane for 50', causing him to have to slow down, to stay out of the door zone of parked cars.)
  • The visor is a fairly snug fit so that it gets close to the nose. Any glasses you wear under it would also need to fit the countour of your face fairly well in order not to scrape. Sporty sunglasses would work. Full size glasses with right angle horn rims won't work.
  • It is noticeably heavier than a regular bike helmet in the hands, but once on my head, I didn't notice it at all.
I'm doing some soul-searching as to whether a helmet like this with great lighting makes me safer, (since it makes me more conspicuous) or one with a chin bar. (since it will protect my face better in the event of a crash.

I've been hounding helmet mfrs. to not make us choose. I'd like a chin bar-equipped version of this helmet in the future. Whoever makes the first one will have no competition.

Update on the Lumos helmet, it is awesome. I haven't tried the turn signals yet; no place to mount the remote on the handlebar of my gravel bike. The Bluetooth remote attaches with O-rings, so is not hard to move from bike to bike, but I wouldn't want to do it all the time, so I'll need to decide which bike I want it on.
  • Press the button on the back and it turns on with a double-beep. Long-press to turn off. (with a single beep)
  • It has a rubber cover for the USB-C charging port, which is just below the power button. When charging, an LED behind the power button comes on red. When charged, it turns green.
  • I gave this a thorough try last night on an 11 mile ride home on the city streets. (In that ride, I only had one A-hole in a full size truck honk at me for daring to be in the street. I had to take up some of "his" lane for 50', causing him to have to slow down, to stay out of the door zone of parked cars.)
  • The visor is a fairly snug fit so that it gets close to the nose. Any glasses you wear under it would also need to fit the countour of your face fairly well in order not to scrape. Sporty sunglasses would work. Full size glasses with right angle horn rims won't work.
  • It is noticeably heavier than a regular bike helmet in the hands, but once on my head, I didn't notice it at all.
I'm doing some soul-searching as to whether a helmet like this with great lighting makes me safer, (since it makes me more conspicuous) or one with a chin bar. (since it will protect my face better in the event of a crash.

I've been hounding helmet mfrs. to not make us choose. I'd like a chin bar-equipped version of this helmet in the future. Whoever makes the first one will have no competition.

The visor on this helmet precludes the mounting of my favorite mirror, I’m afraid. :-/

I have a new eBike coming in about a month from now.
I picked up another bag of flat-out.
A heat shrink kit to help seal the junction of the XT90 battery connectors.
A handlebar-end rear mirror for the left side.
And a new full-face helmet, as the bike is reputed to go 45 MPH with a rider of my weight.
I wanted all the safety and setup goodies on hand before the bike arrives.
Helmet Demon Podium.jpg

I have a new eBike coming in about a month from now.
And a new full-face helmet, as the bike is reputed to go 45 MPH with a rider of my weight.
I wanted all the safety and setup goodies on hand before the bike arrives.
Do you have a set of dirtbike goggles to go with the helmet? or WYND Blocker glasses?

You will find that regular glasses don't seal the wind out very well at sustained riding of > 20 mph. Eyes will water and dry out; it's not pleasant.

I have the white frames with yellow lenses. They are almost as good as sunglasses on a sunny day, but let you see better in the dark than clear lenses.

The temple pieces latch in with a simple push button and can be replaced with an elastic strap, which is also included.
Only downside to them is that that block peripheral vision, so the mirror becomes a must.

Back