Replacement battery?

sshirl

Local time
2:45 AM
I received word from Aventon that Pace 500 1st generation battery is now available. I thought I needed a new one last spring but the problem was with the motor which solved the problem, but at the time, 6 months ago, there no batteries, only back order for this model. My bike is 5 years old, I have about 1600 miles on it...should I get one as a precaution while available? Its pricey - $499 - but mine still works well. How long can I expect the life to be?

You asked such a simple question. Now let me give the confounding factors (which obscure a clean answer):
1. What are the ratings on the battery, voltage, amp hour, peak current BMS is rated at.
2. What are the cells in the battery, (such as a Panasonic 18650 3400mAH). Expensive grade "A" batteries tend to give a longer service life.
3. Since you bought it, how much time has it spent below 34 degrees F. Same story for over 105 degrees F.
4. Since you bought it, how much time has it spent charged over 80% or under 20% (very high and low charge levels impact lifespan).
5. How many watt is the motor, what is the maximum current your Controller is rated to deliver. High current draws (relative to the rating of the battery), also accelerate aging of batteries.

Aside from these factors, has your range shortened? If so, by how many percent. The best predictor of immediate outcomes is how degraded the battery is right now.

I received word from Aventon that Pace 500 1st generation battery is now available. I thought I needed a new one last spring but the problem was with the motor which solved the problem, but at the time, 6 months ago, there no batteries, only back order for this model. My bike is 5 years old, I have about 1600 miles on it...should I get one as a precaution while available? Its pricey - $499 - but mine still works well. How long can I expect the life to be?
Look through here and match your battery to one of these reention batteries,

Back