Need some helpful info

BostonBrian

Local time
2:51 PM
I am in the market for a new ebike. I was hoping some of you could point me in the right direction so i can do some research. My first bike was a mountain bike from ancheer. I believe i paid like $500-$600 brand new like 3years ago and it was a total disaster. Between me not doing my research and the cheap price i got what i got lol. i wont even go into detail about how junk that bike was because i am sure most of you already could tell.

i am just hoping some of you could help me with what i am looking for. I'm a bigger guy 6ft3 270lbs. So a bike that can hold 350-400lbs would be a start. I'm also not really sure if i am looking for a mountain bike or something else. I only ride it on flat pavement and go up hills on the road. (Never in the dirt/woods etc)

I guess to simplify it, a bike that will do a bit of distance on pavement and powerful enough to climb some hills with a bigger guy. Mountain Bike? or something else.. and brands. Thanks in advance! would be a huge help

I'm building my first ebike but I bicycle alot.Dont get a mountain bike for road's.The big tires have more weight and resistance.Also MTB tires wear out fast on black top or concrete
that's why i am here.. I definitely made a few bad choices on my first bike.. But... i know i want better. Thank you for the reply

I live rural and use a road bike for longer distance.Road bike's have drop bars like old school 10 speed.I use my "hybrid"for town.I highly recommend Continental "gatorskin"tires.I have many miles on them and almost no wear

Back