Lost Charge Just Sitting

D

DesertRatR

I am new to ebikes. I just bought a brand new Specialized Como 3.0 650B. It was a leftover sitting in the local bike shop, so the price was good.

I rode it a few times over a week until battery level dropped to below 20%, and then fully charged it. The iOS app indicated 100% charge. I removed the charger and let the bike sit in the garage for 2 days before riding. This morning I went for a ride and the iOS app indicated 89% charge before starting the ride. I was surprised the battery lost 11% of its charge just sitting for 2 days. Is there a problem with this battery?

Drastic temperature changes in the desert?

My garage thermometer showed swing from 70F to 96F.

Not concerned about garage temperature. Specialized manual states operating temperature range up to 158F (70C). Long term storage up to 95F.

I tried calling Specialized, but apparently their phone number is never answered. The local bike shop is a Specialized corporate store. I'll check with them.

I am new to ebikes. I just bought a brand new Specialized Como 3.0 650B. It was a leftover sitting in the local bike shop, so the price was good.

I rode it a few times over a week until battery level dropped to below 20%, and then fully charged it. The iOS app indicated 100% charge. I removed the charger and let the bike sit in the garage for 2 days before riding. This morning I went for a ride and the iOS app indicated 89% charge before starting the ride. I was surprised the battery lost 11% of its charge just sitting for 2 days. Is there a problem with this battery?
What are the actual voltages when it's done charging? and then after it sits for a few hours and the charge voltage drops?

it is normal for the voltage to drop %5 or more after it sits for a few hours after coming off the charger. The BMS also consumes a tiny bit of power and im pretty sure if its whats called a smart BMS that uses Blue tooth it probably uses a tiny bit more power to run the blue tooth.

Back