ECOFLOW RIVER 2 PRO SOLAR GENERATOR

Hozer

Local time
11:45 PM
I will be getting another ebike battery in about 3 mos. but I just bought a Ecoflow River 2 prom 800 watt 768wh genny for camping. Now this genny runs lithium phosphate batteries and has 3000 cycles and only weighs 17lbs. anyways I saw a video where a guy put this genny on his ebike and got sometimes triple the distance on his ebike. He pluged in the charging brick into the genny then into his his ebike battery so he could charge his bike at the same time he was riding his ebike. Not sure if he got triple the distance because of the genny but when it get warmer I am going test it just for fun to see if it works. Now my 54.6v 2 amp charger only pulls 103 watts from the genny. So I would like to test this just for fun to see if it works ROFL. ( only when it gets warmer ). Side note: I'll see if I can find that video again :)

If you are travelling very slowly in PAS mode 1, then perhaps you will see a difference in distance. If your motor is only drawing 500 watts (and I will use 50 volts as it makes the math easy) then this is 10 amps. This would make it to where you are only charging at 1/5th the rate you are discharging. Break-even would be only running your motor at 100 watts. If you motor is only drawing 300 watts, then you could possibly see a 1/3rd extension of your distance. (100 Watts coming in through charge, 300 watts going out to motor. 100/300 or 1/3 power replacement rate).

If you are travelling very slowly in PAS mode 1, then perhaps you will see a difference in distance. If your motor is only drawing 500 watts (and I will use 50 volts as it makes the math easy) then this is 10 amps. This would make it to where you are only charging at 1/5th the rate you are discharging. Break-even would be only running your motor at 100 watts. If you motor is only drawing 300 watts, then you could possibly see a 1/3rd extension of your distance. (100 Watts coming in through charge, 300 watts going out to motor. 100/300 or 1/3 power replacement rate).

I kinda agree. Now I am going to buy another charger. 54.6v 5a charger. It will be a little faster but it is better than 2amps lol

I will be getting another ebike battery in about 3 mos. but I just bought a Ecoflow River 2 prom 800 watt 768wh genny for camping. Now this genny runs lithium phosphate batteries and has 3000 cycles and only weighs 17lbs. anyways I saw a video where a guy put this genny on his ebike and got sometimes triple the distance on his ebike. He pluged in the charging brick into the genny then into his his ebike battery so he could charge his bike at the same time he was riding his ebike. Not sure if he got triple the distance because of the genny but when it get warmer I am going test it just for fun to see if it works. Now my 54.6v 2 amp charger only pulls 103 watts from the genny. So I would like to test this just for fun to see if it works ROFL. ( only when it gets warmer ). Side note: I'll see if I can find that video again :)
I tried this with my Specialized eBike and there were two problems: 1--the weight of the River2 caused a lot of sway (especially on packed limestone trail) and the bike won't turn "on" when it's plugged in. In reality, this might be good for glamping but not suited for normal day-rides.

I tried this with my Specialized eBike and there were two problems: 1--the weight of the River2 caused a lot of sway (especially on packed limestone trail) and the bike won't turn "on" when it's plugged in. In reality, this might be good for glamping but not suited for normal day-rides.

Not sure about the River 2. I have the new River 2 Pro. It weights 17lbs and uses lithium iron phosphate batteries and has 3,000 cycles and runs at 800 watts. But just for fun come spring ( when it getz warmer lol ) I want to check it out just for fun. I hope to have a new charger 48V 5amp charger
next month :)

Back