Lectric XPeak - How do you like it?

ts8181

Local time
5:50 PM
Has anyone received their Lectric XPeak bike yet and if so how do you like it? Thinking strongly about getting one. Thanks.

Received mine yesterday (high step), packaged well, assembled well. I had one connector that had separated at the steering column simple fix to plug back in. (I'm, assuming it separated during packaging). I took it for a pre - ride up and down the driveway (200') , all electronics worked, motor worked, battery was fine, etc.

This is my first E-bike, and it is a hoss (meaning big and heavy) , but I'm 6"2 and 230 lbs, this is what I was looking for. I may post later on rides, but initial impressions, I am OK with.

Further disclaimer, I have not ridden a bicycle in 20 years and I'm 59 yrs of age. I chose this to get me outside and get some exercise.

Received mine yesterday (high step), packaged well, assembled well. I had one connector that had separated at the steering column simple fix to plug back in. (I'm, assuming it separated during packaging). I took it for a pre - ride up and down the driveway (200') , all electronics worked, motor worked, battery was fine, etc.

This is my first E-bike, and it is a hoss (meaning big and heavy) , but I'm 6"2 and 230 lbs, this is what I was looking for. I may post later on rides, but initial impressions, I am OK with.

Further disclaimer, I have not ridden a bicycle in 20 years and I'm 59 yrs of age. I chose this to get me outside and get some exercise.

Welcome to the forums :cool:

Our XP 3.0 arrived with a connector at the steering column disconnected intentionally. I believe it had a tag on it with instructions in order to complete the connection between the control-display unit and the battery.

I received mine a month or so ago.
It appears the step-thru was not tested with the large and small basket, rear and front respectively.
There is a resonant vibration the sets up and goes out of control, manifesting as full bicycle wobble. Take the baskets off and it smooths out. I was notified via email and given a $150 credit for certain accessories.
However, I am 49 days since spinal fusion surgery. I cannot ride for about 5 more weeks. Son in law has been riding it for testing.
But, fit and finish is superb. It all works as intended. I am not enamored with the headlight. I don't think it has coverage as well as others I have. I changed out the handle bars to Evo Brooklyn handle bars with integrated basket.
I also purchased a shock absorber seat post.
I wonder what vibrations are going on in the frame. Time will tell. And I felt insulted by the email notice. It never mentioned the wobble. Only driver comfort and ability. They missed the testing with any accessories that would be purchased.
I'd feel better if they just said OOPS. We made a boo-boo. But they made it seem it was all rider preference or ability.

I know, there are probably no EBikes that offer this, but a 12V or even a 5V USB power power port would be nice , especially to mount a camera that activated when power supplied (I have one in my vehicle). I'm not going to alter the bike at this point for that , but I also live in a not so bike friendly area, and would be a worthwhile addition in my case. I am sure this has been discussed before with other EBikes

I received mine a month or so ago.
It appears the step-thru was not tested with the large and small basket, rear and front respectively.
There is a resonant vibration the sets up and goes out of control, manifesting as full bicycle wobble. Take the baskets off and it smooths out. I was notified via email and given a $150 credit for certain accessories.
However, I am 49 days since spinal fusion surgery. I cannot ride for about 5 more weeks. Son in law has been riding it for testing.
But, fit and finish is superb. It all works as intended. I am not enamored with the headlight. I don't think it has coverage as well as others I have. I changed out the handle bars to Evo Brooklyn handle bars with integrated basket.
I also purchased a shock absorber seat post.
I wonder what vibrations are going on in the frame. Time will tell. And I felt insulted by the email notice. It never mentioned the wobble. Only driver comfort and ability. They missed the testing with any accessories that would be purchased.
I'd feel better if they just said OOPS. We made a boo-boo. But they made it seem it was all rider preference or ability.
I received the racks for free as part of the deal, based on what you have posted, I'm hesitating to instal. Also, they are really heavy, maybe could have used aluminum or a lighter metal.

I received the racks for free as part of the deal, based on what you have posted, I'm hesitating to instal. Also, they are really heavy, maybe could have used aluminum or a lighter metal.
I would install and check it out? I don't think the problem existed with the high step. Mine is the step thru. I tried with different settings on front shocks. But only eliminated the wobble with baskets removed.
I don't like the front rack with headlight.
I knew that going in. I went with:
Prices are all over place so I would shop around.

Back