Lectric XP 2.0 Review

Update........had the bike now 6/7 weeks......enjoying the heck out of it. I have 166 miles on the bike.....riding for exercise almost every night.....really helping me get some strenght in right leg with new knee and hip. I do anywhere from 4 to 7 miles each ride. The Lectric XP 2.0 was well worth the money and has met all my expectations thus far. Had to make a few minor brake adjustments....very easy. Had a strange issue with my display numbers jumping around when turning bike on....not every time....maybe 1 out of 5 times.....called Lectric.....they were very helpful after listening my concerns...they sent me a video on how to remove controller.....I did remove the controller....made sure all wire connections were secure.....reinslalled controller......and haven't had the problem since. I did get the comfort seat when I bought the bike....I like it....very comfortable. I find I recharge after every third ride mostly......that's usually about 15 to 20 miles.....could go further but I like having a charged battery. I ride a lot of hills around here.....the bike handles them quite well....even with a 6'4" 230 lbs rider. Many folks have asked about the bike allready......one lady just bought one. For the price and for my needs.....this bike is worth it. Have a good ride....be safe out there.

Thanks. Still exploring some ideas like maybe a hitch mounted motorcycle carrier. I’ll wait until the bike gets here to make a decision.
Heres an idea, fold and put it in a 50 gallon wheelled tote, get a piece of plywood as a ramp to push the tote up into the back of your truck or SUV if you cant lift the bike into the back.

Attachments

• 1658787020085508140736044431381.jpg
    1658787020085508140736044431381.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 137
Another idea, which will prolong your battery life:
  • Don't charge it fully. Charge it to maybe just 80%. You can tell when it reaches that level when the temperature of your power supply starts to taper off. (as it has switched to constant voltage mode at that point)
  • Don't wait for it to be discharged fully, either. When you feel like it's getting low, charge it as above.
Lithium batteries "like" to be in this range.

If you store it for the winter, try to leave it at about 30-50% charge level.

If you do these things, it'll double the life of your battery pack.
Would be nice if they'd let you set the charge level.

I use a wifi-connected outdoor plug on my bike (Wyze). So I can start it charging a few hours before I ride and charge it fully and then leave it at partial charge after I ride

Bigger battery now available on Lectric XP 1.0 and 2.0 .........14ah 672 wh vs 9.6ah 460 wh......quite a step up in power. Existing bike owners get $100 off with a special code.

I also got a marketing email from them.....

We are thrilled to announce a brand new Long-Range Battery to our product lineup! This powerful new battery includes 14 Ah of power, and will increase your range by 45%! Available for purchase as an upgrade, or individually, and compatible with all XP™ 1.0 and 2.0 series eBikes.

All of our existing XP™ 1.0 & 2.0 riders can get $100 off by using promo code GOTHEDISTANCE (case sensitive) at checkout. Shop and learn more below!
⚡

Update.....just hit 265 miles on my ebike......still riding 4 to 7 miles almost every night. Love the bike......great exercise.....no major problems.....I get a brake noice once in awhile on rear brake.....I clean rotor with alcohol......it goes away so no biggie. The ebike has been very dependable.....so far so good. Ride is smooth. I ride a lot of hills.....so I need to recharge the battery every 3 to 4 rides.....Lectric now offers a larger battery.....wish it was available when I bought bike. For the money......this bike is great....meets all my needs. Happy riding all.

Do you ride with the panels on and if so, how are the aerodynamics?
When your battery can be charged by solar power and just cruise with throttle only; I'd imagine aerodynamics isn't really a problem.

When your battery can be charged by solar power and just cruise with throttle only; I'd imagine aerodynamics isn't really a problem.
Lol, I have now watched the video. Sorry for silly questions when the answers were there.

Had my Lectric XP 2.0 now for a few weeks.....my first ebike.......really enjoying the ride. I got this bike for exercise.....have a new knee and hip on right size....can't get up the hills with a regular bike these days. The Lectric seems to be a really good fit. Been riding anywhere from 4 to 7 miles per day.....the bike is doing quite well. Very satisfied with the bike....came fully assembled....needed to put air in tires and charge battery. Needed to make a very small adjustment to front brake pad.....other than that.....the bike has been perfect. I got the comfort package.....love the seat and spring. I have about 75 miles on the bike already......I charge the battery after every 3 or 4 rides......I ride in PA 1 most of the time.....sometimes move up to PA 2 on small hills......I need PA 4 to get up my driveway...long and steep. I think I can get about 25 miles in PA 1 and 2 but......really haven't tested that distance. The bike fits me well....I am 6'4" and 230 lbs. I received my bike 6 days after ordering it.....that surprised me. I got the step thru model because of the knee/hip issue. The bike seems to be well made and adjusts nicely to the rider. For the money.....this is a nice ebike.
I too brought 2 Lectric XP 2.0, 1 regular and 1 step thru. Here is my experience. My wife's white step thru arrived with a bent rim on the rear wheel. The carton appeared to be a return and was beat up badly. Lectric promptly replaced the wheel at my labor expense. She has a fraction of the miles I have but it is still performing as expected. My XP however has been a different story. Right off the bat my XP controller burnt out with minimal gentle use as I was getting acclimated. Then the second controller burned out after 600 miles with lots of hill climbing. I did not want to give up my favorite ride route so I changed to a 11-34 free wheel and limited my hill climbing to 1st gear and PA 1, yet still burned out another controller. I have noticed that the stock controllers are rated at 18A but at times the display reads a 19A draw in PA 2 on a moderate hill. I resigned myself to the fact this bike would not be suitable for much hill climbing. I have switched my routine to an easy rolling hill route and have not burnt out any more controllers, but the motor noise has gotten worse and amp draw regularly exceeds the 18A the controller is rated. It finally got so bad I could not take the extreme droning noise. I contacted seller support, sent videos and they insisted the noise was probably a loose component and sent me a JPG of vibration points to tighten up. The noise completely abated when throttle was cut off or when peddling stopped and no it was not motor induced vibration. I am a former Aircraft mechanic, Locksmith, and currently an experienced Jeweler so I am pretty mechanically adept. After a lot of back and forth and pleading with them I could not even unload this lemon until this issue was corrected, I was able to get a price on a replacement motor without having to replace the display and controller. Having said all this, if you only want to have a folding Electric bike to put in your RV to ride in level ground in State parks in moderation, then this is your bike. TBH this was a big part of my buying consideration, but even then, the performance longevity is questionable. Lectric offered to sell me the replacement wheel and motor at $250+ tx (could probably do better if I could find just a motor but wheel and spoke mounting and truing would add greatly) so I'll probably burn out my existing motor and then have the replacement for reselling my bike down the road if the worn out motor does not drive me crazy first. In the meantime, I have headphones. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I too brought 2 Lectric XP 2.0, 1 regular and 1 step thru. Here is my experience. My wife's white step thru arrived with a bent rim on the rear wheel. The carton appeared to be a return and was beat up badly. Lectric promptly replaced the wheel at my labor expense. She has a fraction of the miles I have but it is still performing as expected. My XP however has been a different story. Right off the bat my XP controller burnt out with minimal gentle use as I was getting acclimated. Then the second controller burned out after 600 miles with lots of hill climbing. I did not want to give up my favorite ride route so I changed to a 11-34 free wheel and limited my hill climbing to 1st gear and PA 1, yet still burned out another controller. I have noticed that the stock controllers are rated at 18A but at times the display reads a 19A draw in PA 2 on a moderate hill. I resigned myself to the fact this bike would not be suitable for much hill climbing. I have switched my routine to an easy rolling hill route and have not burnt out any more controllers, but the motor noise has gotten worse and amp draw regularly exceeds the 18A the controller is rated. It finally got so bad I could not take the extreme droning noise. I contacted seller support, sent videos and they insisted the noise was probably a loose component and sent me a JPG of vibration points to tighten up. The noise completely abated when throttle was cut off or when peddling stopped and no it was not motor induced vibration. I am a former Aircraft mechanic, Locksmith, and currently an experienced Jeweler so I am pretty mechanically adept. After a lot of back and forth and pleading with them I could not even unload this lemon until this issue was corrected, I was able to get a price on a replacement motor without having to replace the display and controller. Having said all this, if you only want to have a folding Electric bike to put in your RV to ride in level ground in State parks in moderation, then this is your bike. TBH this was a big part of my buying consideration, but even then, the performance longevity is questionable. Lectric offered to sell me the replacement wheel and motor at $250+ tx (could probably do better if I could find just a motor but wheel and spoke mounting and truing would add greatly) so I'll probably burn out my existing motor and then have the replacement for reselling my bike down the road if the worn out motor does not drive me crazy first. In the meantime, I have headphones. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
I've read your post in three different threads now......seems you are very dissatisfied with Lectric. Sorry for your troubles....but...many of us have not run into the problems your have. I will still say....for the money......these are good ebikes.....would recommend them to others and have actually.....my two buddies have them and really like them. Thanks for posting so many times.......you made your point.

I've read your post in three different threads now......seems you are very dissatisfied with Lectric. Sorry for your troubles....but...many of us have not run into the problems your have. I will still say....for the money......these are good ebikes.....would recommend them to others and have actually.....my two buddies have them and really like them. Thanks for posting so many times.......you made your point.
Seems that because there’s so few people with Lectric problems those that do try and make up for them. I’ve put over 4K miles between two of them and other than replacing brake pads and a worn out set of tires all has been perfect.

Still loving my Lectric XP 2.0 step thru.....still riding most nights 4.5 to 7.5 miles for exercise.......my right leg has a new knee and hip.....feeling really good and stronger......I have 330 miles on the bike.......no significant issues......ride is comfortable.....bike is well built and.....in my opinion......great bang for the buck. Two friends have gotten similar bikes based on my recomendation......they are enjoying their bikes as well. My only complaint.....I wish I would have known that Lectric was going to introduce a larger battery option a couple of months after my purchase....would have liked the bigger battery. With a new purchase....the larger battery is $200 more......to buy the battery now is $500. I contacted Lectric and they offered me a $100 discount but I have decided to not upgrade. The smaller battery is fine and I don't need to spend the money. Great ebike for the money.

Short update.....my Lectric XP 2.0 is still going strong. Bike now has 400 miles.....we were gone for two weeks or it would be higher. Still doing 4.5 to 7.5 miles most evenings......have not had any issues. I have cleaned and oiled chain and about every two weeks... I clean the brake rotors to prevent squeaking.....takes seconds very easy. I ride a lot of hills around our rural town......I am a big guy......I get about 20 miles per charge.....probably could go a few more miles but when I get down to 43 volts.....I recharge.....I don't want to ever run out....too old to walk home. This bike is well made.......still loving it.

Had my Lectric XP 2.0 now for a few weeks.....my first ebike.......really enjoying the ride. I got this bike for exercise.....have a new knee and hip on right size....can't get up the hills with a regular bike these days. The Lectric seems to be a really good fit. Been riding anywhere from 4 to 7 miles per day.....the bike is doing quite well. Very satisfied with the bike....came fully assembled....needed to put air in tires and charge battery. Needed to make a very small adjustment to front brake pad.....other than that.....the bike has been perfect. I got the comfort package.....love the seat and spring. I have about 75 miles on the bike already......I charge the battery after every 3 or 4 rides......I ride in PA 1 most of the time.....sometimes move up to PA 2 on small hills......I need PA 4 to get up my driveway...long and steep. I think I can get about 25 miles in PA 1 and 2 but......really haven't tested that distance. The bike fits me well....I am 6'4" and 230 lbs. I received my bike 6 days after ordering it.....that surprised me. I got the step thru model because of the knee/hip issue. The bike seems to be well made and adjusts nicely to the rider. For the money.....this is a nice ebike.

They aren't light weight for sure.....I don't think most folding ebikes are light. My bike weighs 64 lbs including the 7 lb battery. I transport my bike in the back of my pick up truck....in the folded position.....I can lift it up on the tail gate and slide it in the bed.....my truck has a hard tonneau cover and the bike fits nicely under the cover. You got me beat by 3 years......the cargo basket should work fine. Good luck...safe riding.
I will never, ever buy another folding ebike. I bought one because I thought I could fold it to ride on the city bus or train for long trips but it's heavy af and I've yet to find a bus driver that will let me haul that giant thing onto the bus. I haven't tried the train yet but I imagine I'll get the same response. After riding a few of my friends Ebikes that don't fold I can tell there's a huge difference in stability and handling.

Back