Kids and ebikes

Your logic is flawed and dangerous. Listening to you will get the kid killed. There is natural selection, so at least we have that.

I rest my case in terms of...well just God help you my brother.
Write my kids the ticket and I will gladly pay it versus anyone insisting that they are simply an unthinking/non-reactive robot in the street who will simply become a statistic for their own good and the betterment of society.
If my kid sees any situation that they are not instantly comfortable with involving but a moving violation and some (?) that he is sharing the road with on a bike...read the above statement if you need any clarification whatsoever as to how I will be instructing them.
Here is a cautionary tale for parents to end my participation in this conversation:

I rest my case in terms of...well just God help you my brother.
Write my kids the ticket and I will gladly pay it versus anyone insisting that they are simply an unthinking/non-reactive robot in the street who will simply become a statistic for their own good and the betterment of society.
If my kid sees any situation that they are not instantly comfortable with involving but a moving violation and some (?) that he is sharing the road with on a bike...read the above statement if you need any clarification whatsoever as to how I will be instructing them.
Here is a cautionary tale for parents to end my participation in this conversation:
As expected, the story that you linked has nothing to do with any of this and your arguments are ridiculous. It is a bit ironic that you wanted grass roots training for children. You are clearly unfit as an instructor of any kind. Maybe your thoughts and prayers will save the day.

Here's the quote in full as I forgot that anyone under say 60 may be 'triggered' if not coddled:
"You can be right or you can be dead right"
Therapy pony treatments are on me.

Just as much as you COULD be dead right, you could be DEAD WRONG when you get hit by a car traveling in opposite direction of traffic flow.

Not only you COULD BE DEAD WRONG, driver that killed you won't even be liable for killing you or any damages if you're breaking the law by riding opposite direction of traffic flow.

I wonder who might be "triggered" when reality sinks in after such incident.

Therapy pony? maybe a ride off the cliff when you lose a child & find out the driver that killed your child is not liable.

Is such deadly lesson worthwhile of letting your child ride against traffic flow?
Parents can make up their own minds, but if you want accountability when deadly accident occur; only when you follow traffic law.

One more time for you kids raised by parents more afraid of fossil fuels and unconscious biases than for your own safety:

You can be right...and you can be dead right.

Recognize reality is not being afraid.
Ignore reality is just what it is: ignorant.
I don't need to be right; I just need to know parents need to be held accountable for their kid's actions, especially when operating a vehicle on public roads.

Recognize reality is not being afraid.
Ignore reality is just what it is: ignorant.
I don't need to be right; I just need to know parents need to be held accountable for their kid's actions, especially when operating a vehicle on public roads.
I think that this @ETrike person just likes to get their jollies by “triggering” people. Maybe it makes them feel that they are somehow superior or in control. I don’t believe that they can be reached through logic.

I try not to assume of people beyond the posts they make in public forum.
These discussions are better when posts are related to topic and not about personal feelings or assumptions.

If you feel that parents are not living up to their responsibilities to their kids;
it's nothing new, but don't just accept it as the norm and allow it to continue.

Parent may not like it when people speak out about their kids or how their kids behave, that doesn't mean the public should tolerate it when witnessing parents are teaching their kids to be entitled.

A couple of dog owners are arguing about whose pet is smarter.​

"My dog is so smart," says the first owner, "that every morning he waits for the paperboy to come around. He tips the kid and then brings the newspaper to me, along with my morning coffee."

"I know," replied the second dog owner, "my dog told me."

Guilty as charged. Sorry about that. I take the sub topic personally after a head on changed my life, (motorcycle vs car on my side of the road). Peace.

No apologies here.
Kids need to learn the law and the consequences for breaking it just as much as the latter versus staying alive.
60 years ago or so this was common sense.
Now we have adults insisting that mother government take over even their kid's sixth sense of self preservation.

I may not post anything more in this thread yet shutting it down is but yet another encouragement to adult libs raising kids to never think for themselves...whether it literally kills them or not.

No apologies here.
Kids need to learn the law and the consequences for breaking it just as much as the latter versus staying alive.
60 years ago or so this was common sense.
Now we have adults insisting that mother government take over even their kid's sixth sense of self preservation.

I may not post anything more in this thread yet shutting it down is but yet another encouragement to adult libs raising kids to never think for themselves...whether it literally kills them or not.
Then stand by what you said and do not post in this thread anymore.

I know that this is not taught in schools, churches or perhaps anywhere else save for the last bastions of constitutional/conservative thought...but if you want to promote (say) safer ebike experiences for kids...you have to work at it. Not the government, not some NGO/non-profit or heaven forbid not some ill-intentioned 'foundation'.
You have two choices:
You either fund it yourself or as a community asking absolutely nothing in return (ie. 'tax relief')....
...or you convince the majority that any tax dollars are best spent that way.

it's pretty simple: W-O-R-K .
If you want a morally-based society(?)...then I can guarantee that you will work your buns off and suffer greatly fighting the forces of evil pitted against just that.

There's no free lunch, folks.
And kids will suffer a whole lot more than getting killed or maimed on ebikes before this is ever mutually agreed to by the looks of things now.
Work good, it puts things into perspective, except when it is slave labor or wage slavery, I see too many clean uniforms in my travels to believe many do hard work these days.

Work good, it puts things into perspective, except when it is slave labor or wage slavery, I see too many clean uniforms in my travels to believe many do hard work these days.
True esp any jobs that anyone has to put on a uniform for except maybe firemen.

I know that this is not taught in schools, churches or perhaps anywhere else save for the last bastions of constitutional/conservative thought...but if you want to promote (say) safer ebike experiences for kids...you have to work at it. Not the government, not some NGO/non-profit or heaven forbid not some ill-intentioned 'foundation'.
You have two choices:
You either fund it yourself or as a community asking absolutely nothing in return (ie. 'tax relief')....
...or you convince the majority that any tax dollars are best spent that way.

it's pretty simple: W-O-R-K .
If you want a morally-based society(?)...then I can guarantee that you will work your buns off and suffer greatly fighting the forces of evil pitted against just that.

There's no free lunch, folks.
And kids will suffer a whole lot more than getting killed or maimed on ebikes before this is ever mutually agreed to by the looks of things now.
The real problem is that kids today don't learn from a parent or parents but primarily from social media. I have run into so many young people as young as 9 or 10 that have zero respect for adults. With these attitudes they will never listen to or learn from anyone.

Here is SOCAL I see these kids riding around on expensive fast moped type e bikes all the time and acting like the world owes them everything. NO respect for traffic laws or respect for the possible dangers of their actions.

The real issue here is the effect their actions can have on laws that will affect all of us in the e bike world.

Police are now using e-bikes to catch people on e-bikes
laps-electric-bike-cops.jpg

Back