Just ordered a Himiway Cruiser

GOT IT! 2 DAYS SHY OF 8 WEEKS. NOT BAD.

Monday, August 2, 2021
11:14 AM Somewhere, MADelivered

1627918617568.png

Put the bike together today with the help of Tinkering Turtle assembly video on YouTube. Everything went great. The bike and all parts arrived undamaged, not even any scratches. Everything seems to be working properly. Also added all my accessories and even stained the rear rack wood platform black to match the rest of the bike. Took it out for a couple rides and was very surprised how smooth, quiet, sturdy and powerful the bike is. Haven't rode a bike in about 25 years and this was very exciting. Looking forward to putting all kinds of hopefully trouble free miles on it.

1627965048449.png

Last edited:
Just wanted to report after 11 days and 170 miles everything is working fine and nothing is broken or not functioning properly.
I haven't babied it either, been riding it pretty hard. Its great for blasting down sidewalks and through parks and cemeteries. I've been getting about 30-35 miles per charge with no pedaling at all and a top speed of 29.6 mph. :devilish:

Just ordered a Himiway Cruiser today. Can't wait to get it. Cost was $1549 with 2 year warranty. Also includes fenders, rear rack, bike tool and a hat. Turning 59 years old tomorrow and haven't ridden a bike in about 20+ years.
Newly retired and needed a new hobby. Hoping to gain and share lots of info on my new bike and adventures.
If all goes well with this bike will most likely be purchasing their step thru version for the wife.
Originally ordered a Senada Saber but opted out of that for the Himi. The Saber was $100 cheaper and had 250 more watts but I really liked the looks of the Himi and the extra 1 year of warranty. Also, the Himi has a bigger following and lots more reviews.
Checked out the Rad Rover too which looks very similar to the Himi. The Rad cost $150 more though and didn't include a rack. The Rad also had 1 year less of warranty.
I will update this thread with any shipping or tracking info I get for anyone interested.

Rick My husband and I also got a Himiway Cruiser, we have been on some dirt roads up here in Vermont. I actually like the main road better. He is more daring. We live in woods and I have rood my bike to the nearest town which is ten miles to and ten miles back to my home and the battery only went down half way. I also peddle in a lot of spots to keep it charged. I start it on 1 to get going. We like our bikes, but it took a lot time to get to us once we ordered them.

Awesome to hear that the bike arrived and you are enjoying it finally! I just clicked over 640 miles on mine today (since March 2021), I avg about 40-50 miles per week, that will taper off as we start to get into the raining season here in the PNW. Mine has been super trouble free as well, the only complaint (if you can call it one) is the rear brake cable stretches and requires an adjustment every 50-100 miles or so (front brake does not exhibit this issue). I'm talking about an 1/4" or more adjustment each time that can't be adjusted out using the barrel adjusters (weird). Other than that small issue, loving the bike!
Cheers!

Kathy, I Live in Johnson. If you are anywhere near can I come and see your bike?
Thanks, Bill C.

Kathy, I Himiwaited 2 months for my bike. I don't think that's to long considering the bike came all the way from China during a pandemic.
Good luck with your bike and be safe out there! Gotta have eyes in the back and sides of your head nowadays.

Awesome to hear that the bike arrived and you are enjoying it finally! I just clicked over 640 miles on mine today (since March 2021), I avg about 40-50 miles per week, that will taper off as we start to get into the raining season here in the PNW. Mine has been super trouble free as well, the only complaint (if you can call it one) is the rear brake cable stretches and requires an adjustment every 50-100 miles or so (front brake does not exhibit this issue). I'm talking about an 1/4" or more adjustment each time that can't be adjusted out using the barrel adjusters (weird). Other than that small issue, loving the bike!
Cheers!
I have the same issue with my All Terrain Cruiser. There is a fairly inexpensive solution. Replace the rear cable with a better cable such as https://www.amazon.com/Jagwire-Brak...goods&sprefix=jagwire+pro,sporting,224&sr=1-4

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back