Intermittent Bafang motor cutouts

Titus

Local time
5:40 PM
I have converted a mountain bike (my first conversion) which has all gone smoothly and works well. I could not however fit the brake hall sensors as the Shimano hydraulic brakes did not have a flat surface suitable for attaching the sensors, everything was shaped, rounded or curved and there were no flat areas at all. Anyway after days and days of head scratching I managed a method which is secure and safe and works well. However the motor now has random power outages which are definitely associated with the brake sensors as when they are disconnected all works well with no problems. I have no idea how to troubleshoot this problem if indeed it is possible to troubleshoot.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Titus

Ahh yes I have tried that but it did not cure the problem when they are plugged in ;)

I have converted a mountain bike (my first conversion) which has all gone smoothly and works well. I could not however fit the brake hall sensors as the Shimano hydraulic brakes did not have a flat surface suitable for attaching the sensors, everything was shaped, rounded or curved and there were no flat areas at all. Anyway after days and days of head scratching I managed a method which is secure and safe and works well. However the motor now has random power outages which are definitely associated with the brake sensors as when they are disconnected all works well with no problems. I have no idea how to troubleshoot this problem if indeed it is possible to troubleshoot.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Titus

The sensors attached to the brakes are reed switches not hall sensors. The part which is attached to the lever is a magnet. I can post photos of how my bikes are set up if you like both have shimano brakes and work trouble free.

I'd guess that that your intermittent power outages are as a result of the battery not being securely fixed. I had the same issue more or less.

Just leave the brake cut outs unhooked, problem solved.

In the event of an imminent collision these are a crucial safety feature, although on each of my bikes I only have one. There's a difference between an operator and a seat filler even on a bicycle

Back