Tires & Tubes Inner tube that you don't have to remove the tire to replace?

JET

Local time
8:12 AM
I read a thread where someone talked about an inner tube that you don't have to remove the rear tire to replace. The tube was sealed at both ends. You just cut out the old tube and feed this into the tire. Can someone give me a name of the company or post a link to that thread, I can't find it. Thanks.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I have repaired a tube on my bike but don't have a clue as to how you would get a new tube past the motor hub ,axel without removing the tire. Its not that hard to take a rear tire off as long as you remember to put a wrench on the flat part of the axel and break it loose. All that torque from the motor locks it in pretty good. Youtube is your friend while working on bikes.

Yes! Thank you. This will be so much easier then taking the entire wheel off the e-bike.
Interesting. But as per Tuffy's promotional info it looks like they don't make these tubes to fit sizes such as 26" x 4" fat tire bikes. It would be a quick fix but I think I'd change that back to a conventional tube once I got home and save that Tuffy tube for another flat sometime in the future.

Why not just stick a patch on the innertube?, you don't have to cut a good tube in half. Or get some good puncture resistant tyres and insert slime into the innertubes..

Years ago, experienced riders repaired tubes with the wheel in place. If you can identify where the leak is; just dismount the tire at that point. Then patch and remount.

If someone did have a catastrophic tube blowout that couldn't be patched this long tube that has both ends sealed does look like a good in a pinch alternative to having to take the wheel off to get the new tube on. tho it would suck having to cut off the old tube if it was patchable before having to entirely trash it.

I have repaired a tube on my bike but don't have a clue as to how you would get a new tube past the motor hub ,axel without removing the tire. Its not that hard to take a rear tire off as long as you remember to put a wrench on the flat part of the axel and break it loose. All that torque from the motor locks it in pretty good. Youtube is your friend while working on bikes.
Watch the promotional video in HumanPerson's link.

Interesting. But as per Tuffy's promotional info it looks like they don't make these tubes to fit sizes such as 26" x 4" fat tire bikes. It would be a quick fix but I think I'd change that back to a conventional tube once I got home and save that Tuffy tube for another flat sometime in the future.
They say if the diameter is right, then it'll work, so the 26" diameter one would work for a fat tire. The inner tube will expand to fill the fat tire easily. Ever pump up an inner tube outside a tire? It just gets bigger and bigger...

Why not just stick a patch on the innertube?, you don't have to cut a good tube in half. Or get some good puncture resistant tyres and insert slime into the innertubes..
It's hard to find the puncture sometimes, esp. without soapy water or if the object that caused the puncture didn't stay in the tire.

Years ago, experienced riders repaired tubes with the wheel in place. If you can identify where the leak is; just dismount the tire at that point. Then patch and remount.
Yep, but it's a big IF. Not something I want to be messing around with at the side of the road. Just swap it out and do that at home.

I'm wondering if there will be a bulge where the ends of the inner tube meet, such that this would only be a temporary repair.

I read a thread where someone talked about an inner tube that you don't have to remove the rear tire to replace. The tube was sealed at both ends. You just cut out the old tube and feed this into the tire. Can someone give me a name of the company or post a link to that thread, I can't find it. Thanks.
Yes i came accross it.Now cant remember the name. Believe they are sold in the UK. Would be great for ebikes that have rear motor.Need to get this tube for my bike. Can anyone help. Its butted at both ends. Would be great in an emegency.

Yes i came accross it.Now cant remember the name. Believe they are sold in the UK. Would be great for ebikes that have rear motor.Need to get this tube for my bike. Can anyone help. Its butted at both ends. Would be great in an emegency.
its called a "Huffy Quick Change Inner Tube" which they seem to only be available from huffy exclusively

The Mr. Tuffy does have the puncture resistance inserts for fat tire bikes. I have them in my 26x4 CST tires. I actually found a better deal on the 4.1”-5” versions and they fit fine in my 26x4 tires. They are all on Amazon.

It’s the double ended tubes for 26x4 which I believe, don’t exist.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I bought one through Amazon; check there.

They had limited sizes; I think just sizes for which Huffy makes wheels.

I didnt even really look at all the sizes they have. but it makes sense that they would mostly only come in sizes huffy bikes come with.

tho from all the bad reviews of them tubes were the ends don't meet up very well and cause a gap in the tire where the ends meet would probably also become bigger and more noticeable on bigger, wider tires.

Not much size selection or availability on Amazon for the Huffy tube.
Gaadi is the major company that makes these type tubes. Nothing for fat tires but quite a good coverage for normal widths.

For me, I find it just as easy to patch the tube while on the bike. Rema patches are the best.

Not much size selection or availability on Amazon for the Huffy tube.
Gaadi is the major company that makes these type tubes. Nothing for fat tires but quite a good coverage for normal widths.

For me, I find it just as easy to patch the tube while on the bike. Rema patches are the best.
Thanks. This may be the only option (patch the tube) as I'm looking into getting a fat tire e-bike. I was able to get a Gaadi for the bike I have now. Hopefully I won't have to use it.

Thanks. This may be the only option (patch the tube) as I'm looking into getting a fat tire e-bike. I was able to get a Gaadi for the bike I have now. Hopefully I won't have to use it.
I also carry some small pieces of 120 grit sandpaper in my kit. Just have to sand tube enough to get the rubber roughed up. I also find the patches work better if you leave the clear cellophane on the patch. It keeps the tire from rubbing the patch edges loose.

oh different brand?
GAADI Schrader Valve Split Tube

JET, I think your best bet is to treat your tubes with FlatOut and carry a patch kit as a back-up.

The FlatOut is like Slime, but better, since it lasts longer. When you get a puncture, the pressure in the tube takes some of this sticky fluid and fiber with it to the puncture and seals it up.

If you're aware when it happens, stop and spin that tire to make sure some of the FlatOut gets to the puncture. (since it's liquid, it will tend to roll to the lower part of the tube)

I use this in all my bikes with Schrader valve tubes. No flats that I've noticed yet. ;-)

Back