Tires & Tubes Syvrac Road Tire Review

CWebike

Local time
5:15 PM
I replaced the stock tires (Kenda, 24 PSI) on my Magicycle fat tire cruiser after 1200 miles (bike specs here: https://is.gd/cuiser_specs ) and chose Syvrac. Forum members had kindly pointed out that because I am on pavement for 90% of my riding time, it only makes good sense to use a road tire. I believe this is true.

Here's my experience with the Syvrac tires. After three weeks of riding, I have no complaints about traction or stability...all good. Two characteristics I have noted:
1. The tires are very quiet. The stock knobbies are quite noisy, and I had forgotten how nice it is to ride quietly.
2. The recommended PSI shown on the sidewall is 20, which gives a nice "cushy" ride.. With that pressure, plus the tread that puts more rubber in contact with the road, rolling resistance in noticeably higher. On a hill that I ride several times every week, when coasting downhill the Syvrac is 4 mph slower than my old stock tires. That's not a problem for me, as on some steep hills I feel somewhat uncomfortable with the fast speed and do a little braking. On uphill slopes, I have to provide more pedaling effort with the Syvracs, but I'm o.k. with that, too. It's better exercise.

An inquiry to the manufacturer tells me it is o.k. to pressurize these tires up to 30 PSI. Next week I will try 25 and see how I like it. Of course, I can't comment on longevity yet, but so far I do like these tires. The pricing was semi-reasonable at $170 for two tires and two tubes.

ScreenHunter_3936 Feb. 18 12.00.jpg

I replaced the stock tires (Kenda, 24 PSI) on my Magicycle fat tire cruiser after 1200 miles (bike specs here: https://is.gd/cuiser_specs ) and chose Syvrac. Forum members had kindly pointed out that because I am on pavement for 90% of my riding time, it only makes good sense to use a road tire. I believe this is true.

Here's my experience with the Syvrac tires. After three weeks of riding, I have no complaints about traction or stability...all good. Two characteristics I have noted:
1. The tires are very quiet. The stock knobbies are quite noisy, and I had forgotten how nice it is to ride quietly.
2. The recommended PSI shown on the sidewall is 20, which gives a nice "cushy" ride.. With that pressure, plus the tread that puts more rubber in contact with the road, rolling resistance in noticeably higher. On a hill that I ride several times every week, when coasting downhill the Syvrac is 4 mph slower than my old stock tires. That's not a problem for me, as on some steep hills I feel somewhat uncomfortable with the fast speed and do a little braking. On uphill slopes, I have to provide more pedaling effort with the Syvracs, but I'm o.k. with that, too. It's better exercise.

An inquiry to the manufacturer tells me it is o.k. to pressurize these tires up to 30 PSI. Next week I will try 25 and see how I like it. Of course, I can't comment on longevity yet, but so far I do like these tires. The pricing was semi-reasonable at $170 for two tires and two tubes.

I'm running 20 x 4 on my T-1 I tried a 20 x 4.25 on rear its a lower profile with more road contact. It changes the final drive ratio. Factory tire is thin and light and has a round profile and works better so I put back on. I'm not sure if it's the weight or profile making the differences. But there aren't alot of choices out there.

Back