I made a lift for my bike

biknut

Local time
11:09 AM
I didn't feel like spending a lot of money on a lift, so I made this, because my tire is a year old, and bald. I needed something too hold it up because it weighs 120 lbs.
Bomber lift 1.jpg

Looks good, simple and stable.

I used to change my own motorcycle tires and before I had a motorcycle lift I would dig a trench, put a piece of plywood over it. Then push my motorcycle where the rear wheel is on the plywood over the hole, put it up on the center stand and then remove the plywood. Then i could drop the rear wheel and take it back out in the trench and clear the rear fender. This was for a 500lb motorcycle though.

I didn't feel like spending a lot of money on a lift, so I made this, because my tire is a year old, and bald. I needed something too hold it up because it weighs 120 lbs.
View attachment 11202
I might need to make something similar to that to do my tires. Nice work! I got a question about that bike of yours. Is that similar to a stealth bomber? Also what front forks does your bike use. Thanks. Nice ride!

I might need to make something similar to that to do my tires. Nice work! I got a question about that bike of yours. Is that similar to a stealth bomber? Also what front forks does your bike use. Thanks. Nice ride!
Yes, my bike is a 2013 Stealth Bomber modified over time. It's an original, not a chinese clone. I wore the stock forks out after 7 years, and installed these Fox 40s. The seat is from a SurRon.
bomber lift 3.jpg

Yes, my bike is a 2013 Stealth Bomber modified over time. It's an original, not a chinese clone. I wore the stock forks out after 7 years, and installed these Fox 40s. The seat is from a SurRon.View attachment 11204
Thanks appreciate your time. Soo what did they use for hub motor & what specs were they? That bike of yours looks like it's got about a 8000watt hub motor @ 72volts possibly.

Thanks appreciate your time. Soo what did they use for hub motor & what specs were they? That bike of yours looks like it's got about a 8000watt hub motor @ 72volts possibly.
This stock motor was 4500w running on 72v with a 65 amp controller. Last year I upgraded the motor to a 5000w QS205, and Kelly 80 amp controller.

This stock motor was 4500w running on 72v with a 65 amp controller. Last year I upgraded the motor to a 5000w QS205, and Kelly 80 amp controller.
Thanks. So your bike probably has no problem of standing up on the back wheel. Isn't them Kelly controllers used in brushless golf carts? Awesome bike BTW!!!

Thanks. So your bike probably has no problem of standing up on the back wheel. Isn't them Kelly controllers used in brushless golf carts? Awesome bike BTW!!!
Thank you. Kelly makes a lot of different controllers. This one is a KLS-S 7218S which is recommended as a match for QS BLDC motors. Motor and controller are both rated at 80 amp. I've been pretty impressed with this motor controller combination. Compared to the stock square wave 65 amp controller, this 80 amp sinusoidal controller is both more powerful, and manages to be more efficient at the same time. I notice better range than before when cruising at moderate speed.

Thank you. Kelly makes a lot of different controllers. This one is a KLS-S 7218S which is recommended as a match for QS BLDC motors. Motor and controller are both rated at 80 amp. I've been pretty impressed with this motor controller combination. Compared to the stock square wave 65 amp controller, this 80 amp sinusoidal controller is both more powerful, and manages to be more efficient at the same time. I notice better range than before when cruising at moderate speed.
link us old boy ;)
Please & Thanks!

What display works with them though...are they display specific or just any old display?
Good question. There are displays that work with a Kelly controllers. Onyx bikes use Kelly controllers, and the display they use is one that's readily available online, but it's too big to look right on my bike. I was able to adapt my stock cycle analyst CAV3, but lost some of the function. I saved the speed, odo, and voltmeter, which I consider the most important.

Back