How many miles on your eBike?

Rustle

Local time
5:49 AM
I had a great ride today.
I got my Engwe Engine Pro 2 in August, and I really enjoy it. I’m about to turn 900 miles on it.
so glad I bought it. I’d buy another bike tomorrow if I had to.
How Many miles on your bike?

41 miles and still on my first charge with 45% left on the battery, although will charge it at 25%. I recently finished my BBSHD 48-volt conversion on my Nashbar Mtn bike. Looking forward to many more miles.

OMG where did my youth go?
20240102_125426.jpg

With just slightly more than 2 months of eBike ownership, I am the low man on the totem pole with 451.1 miles. I can tell my number is low, because like "people who lack altitude" I included the tenth of a mile. The bike is mostly used to commute to work and back. Round trip is ten miles.

I'm up to 920 miles on the Level.2 (commuter) and about 250 on the eMoped.

I don't remember how many on the XP Lite; it's got the battery out for the winter. The Electra is my wife's; her and my daughter ride it most, so that doesn't matter.

2196 miles total for the year; lots of road biking, starting in July or so. I got 500 miles per month on the road bike (Trek Domane AL3) in July & August. That 2196 doesn't count eMoped miles, as there's not much pedaling there. I consider eBike miles to be worth about 1/2 of un-powered miles.

I think I'm gonna go for 5,000 miles in 2024.

Just over 4000 miles each on our 2, 5 year old mid drive, IGH bikes. GOOD IGH's are great. Keep yourchains tight, along with any nuts/bolts that tend to loosen. Let the batteries largely discharge, then recharge. Our Bafang 750 watt motors have had their gears greased once.

I got my Engwe Engine Pro 2 in August, and I really enjoy it. I’m about to turn 900 miles on it.
My 2019 Specialized Vado has 16,000 miles on it. I've been through three sets of tires and a new chain every year plus one new back wheel. The battery still holds over 90% of original capacity which will provide 92 miles on full charge in Eco mode.

I have over 4,000 miles on my second e-mtb I bought about 5 years ago with the Brose S-Mag motor. I also got a fat tire snow e-bike a little over a year ago, but I only have about 250 miles on it because of its limited use in snow only. If I had realized how much fun these ebikes are, I never would have bought them!! ;) (I am joking, of course.)

6,897 on my NCM Moscow, had 7k on the Juiced CCS before the frame became so warped as to be unridable.
I will never buy another bike with asymetric stays. Only building a 2 wheeled Prius, (gas/electric hybrid), so
I can see the clerk's face when I say "a dollar on pump 4.'':giggle: Range unlimited with a solar charger on my
trailer..

About 1400 on my KBO Breeze, most of it between April and October. I don't ride much in the colder months. I really enjoyed riding in the warm months though. I'm looking forward to putting a lot more miles on it starting this spring.

About 1400 on my KBO Breeze, most of it between April and October. I don't ride much in the colder months. I really enjoyed riding in the warm months though. I'm looking forward to putting a lot more miles on it starting this spring.
With the right clothing, not even exotic stuff, you might be surprised how comfortable it can be to ride in the winter.

For my work commute in Wisconsin, I wear my usual business casual clothes, but hiking boots for the commute and overpants. Warm mittens, a ski helmet and Wynd glasses. That's it. For two miles each way, it's fine.

There's a storm coming tonight that's supposed to drop 4-7" of snow on us, so I may not ride for a few days (haven't invested in studded tires yet) but I ride when I can.

My 2019 Specialized Vado has 16,000 miles on it. I've been through three sets of tires and a new chain every year plus one new back wheel. The battery still holds over 90% of original capacity which will provide 92 miles on full charge in Eco mode.
Wow! That's very impressive R. How do you treat your battery? The rules I have read are: Do not let it get to, say, 20%, then leave it for weeks, try to keep it between 50 and 75%. Do not let it fall below 10 centigrade and do not let it go above 40 centigrade. Not likely in Britain but the cold side, for sure. I have to keep it indoors in Dec, Jan, Feb, unless it's mild. I have had it at a temp of 3 degrees but wrap the battery which is not detachable with Bubble wrap and drape a large sheet of bubble wrap over bike. I have 1,500 miles on the clock.

I don't really know, I had 2 carrera subway electric bikes, 36v 250w uk legal a cyclotricity stealth 250/1000w then a self build 250/1000w, a lankeleisi mg740plus 2 x 1000w & I'm now in the middle of a bafang hd fat bike build. In between all of this I had covid & came close to dying (ICU) that took me 18 months to recover & now I've got osteoporosis in my neck & I've been advised that moderate exercise ie cycling is OK as well as swimming, which is why I'm putting together the fat bike with the bafang mid drive. Our uk limits are 250w 15.5mph but it's easy enough to restrict the bafang to 15.5mph though it will climb hills a lot easier than a 36v 250w. I'll be 60 in April & living in a hilly area I find it extremely tiring to manage with a 250w rear hub. The self build 250/1000w is adequate, the lankeleisi 2 x 1000w requires I carry an extra battery, the mid drive will have 2 x 52v 20ah batteries & will be for pleasure & exercise only. I suppose if I add all those miles up between the bikes, it's got to be a few thousand miles

Yup, I have a 250 Watt bike, will only go at 15.5 mph but that's fine. Big hills require full power. I try to limit the use of the motor on big bike rides. I am supposed to get 60 miles out of the Battery but the reality is, even when brand new, it was 50. Now, possibly 42. I too have neck issues, am 61, and have rode a bike since 1995. Most of the damage was when I worked at a park and got wet riding to work and back. My thumbs played up too. I always think of the Line 'By the pricking of my thumbs' a line from Macbeth and realise that probably meant arthritis of the thumbs.

Back