Here is what I did to my Magicycle commuter bike

usclassic

Local time
3:43 AM
Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 09-04-04 Commuter Hidden Battery Road eBike - Magicycle Bike.png

Used code M60 for $60 off sale price,
I live in a hilly neighborhood and can go up the steepest hill in pas 2 or 3. Most of the time pas 1 is enough and great for no effort peddling. Sometimes I ride with no power assist pas 0. Have not tried pas 4 or 5 yet but 3 has been more than enough so far. I changed the seat and added a suspension post. Also added an adjustable handlebar riser so I can sit more upright. The waterproof phone bag is from magicycle and features touch plastic. I tried some soft panniers for grocery runs but did not like them so I switched to some locking hard cases. The only issue is hard starting up if stopped on a hill but other than that the single speed belt drive is quiet and maintenance free.

PA175691.JPG

PA175692.JPG

PA175694.JPG

PA175695.JPG

PA175696.JPG

PA175697.JPG

Got everything I might need now on the bike. Chain lock, tools, patch kit and spare tube, foot pump and first aid kit. I have bar end turn signals on the way that should be here Thurs. Really enjoy riding.......

I helped my daughter's boyfriend get a Magicycle Commuter a month or two ago. He keeps getting flats; he's up to 4 now. We can't figure out what's causing them. The first two, we chalked up to cheap OEM inner tubes, as they split at the seam. None of the spoke ends were showing or poking through the rim tape. I fixed three of them for him with new tubes and showed him how to it, but when it happened the 4th time, he just gave up and stopped riding it. Very disappointing how little drive kids have these days.

can you talk details...hardware, ease of installation and removal etc
thx
Installation was pretty straightforward. Mounted to the existing rear bars using three ubolts on each side. Drilled the six hole necessary using a step drill. Finished with M6 stainless acorn nuts after trimming the excess bolt length.

PB135955.JPG

PB135957.JPG

Can also mount without using the cross plates....

PB135956.JPG

Parts I used.....
1699885367881.png

Screenshot 2023-11-13 at 08-11-25 Therwen 16 Sets Round U Bolts Zinc Plated Steel M6 Round Ben...png

Screenshot 2023-11-13 at 08-10-20 Amazon.com RDEXP 304 Stainless Steel Acorn Dome Cap Head Hex...png

ok..I didn't see the bike has existing brackets .
and factory mounting points..
do they bounce?
I like these pretty good..

some time ago I put out feelers for feasible combos re these and
came up empty..

would be cool if they could quick connect

what I called mounting points, I shouldda called bosses for the brackets..
are they reinforced..
I dunno much so, that single point of attachment looks weak..
there's alot going for this bike..
and really good installation..
good job on layout

View attachment 11314

Used code M60 for $60 off sale price,
I live in a hilly neighborhood and can go up the steepest hill in pas 2 or 3. Most of the time pas 1 is enough and great for no effort peddling. Sometimes I ride with no power assist pas 0. Have not tried pas 4 or 5 yet but 3 has been more than enough so far. I changed the seat and added a suspension post. Also added an adjustable handlebar riser so I can sit more upright. The waterproof phone bag is from magicycle and features touch plastic. I tried some soft panniers for grocery runs but did not like them so I switched to some locking hard cases. The only issue is hard starting up if stopped on a hill but other than that the single speed belt drive is quiet and maintenance free.

View attachment 11315

View attachment 11316

View attachment 11317

View attachment 11318

View attachment 11319

View attachment 11320
Got everything I might need now on the bike. Chain lock, tools, patch kit and spare tube, foot pump and first aid kit. I have bar end turn signals on the way that should be here Thurs. Really enjoy riding.......

Nice job with the saddle bags. Not really happy with the soft bags I have on the bike now.

Back