Hello from Estes Park, Colorado

Jbangs

Local time
7:24 PM
Hello all! After so many years of riding and enjoying my bikes I decided to join the pedal assist world. I started with a Trek Allant 7s. Then I used kits to convert two bikes already in my stable. I sure like those conversions, so much that I passed off the Trek to my daughter.
340258128_935325364267421_4800622851342836005_n.jpg

Welcome, from SE Wisconsin!
I think I would have kept the Trek. What do you like better about the conversions?
Hello Smaug, The Trek while being a nice bike, I could never get the fit dialed in right for me. I am tall at 6'5" and it has always been a challenge to get bikes to fit right, especially for all day touring mode. The kits have allowed me to use bikes that have already gone through that for me.

Welcome Bud! about 10 years ago I lived in Boulder. One day I got on my mountain bike and took the bus to Estes Park ( $7 bucks ). Checked out the Stanley Hotel. That was cool! Then I road my bike down the mountain to the city of Lyons. Man was I "REALLY!!" fly'n down the mountain. lol then got a bus to to get back to Boulder!! Its a awesome ride down the mountain, You outa try it ;)

Welcome Bud! about 10 years ago I lived in Boulder. One day I got on my mountain bike and took the bus to Estes Park ( $7 bucks ). Checked out the Stanley Hotel. That was cool! Then I road my bike down the mountain to the city of Lyons. Man was I "REALLY!!" fly'n down the mountain. lol then got a bus to to get back to Boulder!! Its a awesome ride down the mountain, You outa try it ;)

Hi Hozer! Oh yeah The ride down off the mountain is a fun blast off. Did you ride down US36 Or Colorado 7 from Allenspark?? I like the Highway seven ride better because there is less traffic. I get my pickup serviced in Longmont. Drop it off and get a ride home. Ride my bike down the next day for a great ride!!

Hi Hozer! Oh yeah The ride down off the mountain is a fun blast off. Did you ride down US36 Or Colorado 7 from Allenspark?? I like the Highway seven ride better because there is less traffic. I get my pickup serviced in Longmont. Drop it off and get a ride home. Ride my bike down the next day for a great ride!!
Ya I took highway US36 to Lyons. Man it is a scary ride down the mountain when you coasting down the mountain. I would say I was doing about 40 to 50mph down the mountain. Lots of sharp turns. Scary but fun lol. Stay Warm!! :)

Make sure the brakes are up to the task before doing that! If you fry your brakes in the first couple miles, then find they're gone when you're heading into a 20 mph turn at 50, it could be a rough landing after you make your flight off the side of the mountain...

Welcome! Nice place, I haven't ever been there but maybe someday. There are a lot of great places in Colorado hard to get to them all. We live on the other side of the state in Ridgway CO I have lived around here all my life and still have lots more to explore.

Nice Surly hardtail, is that a titanium frame?

Welcome! Nice place, I haven't ever been there but maybe someday. There are a lot of great places in Colorado hard to get to them all. We live on the other side of the state in Ridgway CO I have lived around here all my life and still have lots more to explore.

Nice Surly hardtail, is that a titanium frame?
Hello! Many places in Colorado to explore! I am the same, lived on the front range my whole life and there are still places to check out. Estes Park is beautiful although not really very good for bicycle exploring. So many tourists clogging up the roads. Yes, Surly Ogre, steel frame

Hello! Many places in Colorado to explore! I am the same, lived on the front range my whole life and there are still places to check out. Estes Park is beautiful although not really very good for bicycle exploring. So many tourists clogging up the roads. Yes, Surly Ogre, steel frame
I really liked Grand Junction Colorado. Was there for 6 years. Lots to do there. Trails Galore for Ebikes. Less than 2 hours to the Arches National Park in Utah. I'm in Klamath Falls Oregon now. Kinda sucks Compared to Grand Junction Colorado. I have family here and I am 73 lol. I need all the help I can get ROFL!!

Back