Fucare Libra

brickie89

Local time
12:16 AM
I purchased a Fucare Libra and I'm less than impressed with the delay in the PAS. Is there a setting to make the PAS engage quicker? I have ALS, so I always use the throttle to start from a stop (no leg strength), but the delay in the PAS is rather awkward. It takes approximately 2.5 revolutions of the crank for PAS to engage.

I have the Libra also and know what you are referring to. I just use the throttle to begin moving for safety. The process of physically moving the bike with the pedals from a full stop in traffic can result in wobbling which can be unpredictable. Having said that I found the power level 2 to be the smoothest setting for the cadence which gives a more bicycle like pedal response. I love the ergonomics of the bike but will make several upgrades which include replacing the terrible tires shipped with the bike. I told Fucare these tires are about as durable as over inflated balloons. 3 flats from July 6th till now. Good luck with your bike. Be safe.

I have the Libra also and know what you are referring to. I just use the throttle to begin moving for safety. The process of physically moving the bike with the pedals from a full stop in traffic can result in wobbling which can be unpredictable. Having said that I found the power level 2 to be the smoothest setting for the cadence which gives a more bicycle like pedal response. I love the ergonomics of the bike but will make several upgrades which include replacing the terrible tires shipped with the bike. I told Fucare these tires are about as durable as over inflated balloons. 3 flats from July 6th till now. Good luck with your bike. Be safe.
I set mine to 4, but may still change it. The bike I built 3 years ago had almost no delay, and motor cut-off was immediate when you stopped pedaling.

I purchased a Fucare Libra and I'm less than impressed with the delay in the PAS. Is there a setting to make the PAS engage quicker? I have ALS, so I always use the throttle to start from a stop (no leg strength), but the delay in the PAS is rather awkward. It takes approximately 2.5 revolutions of the crank for PAS to engage.
I am a new member today and just received the Gemini 2.0 with All -Terrain tires and 15 ah batteries last Friday and I am generally pleased except for the 2.5 revolution PAS delay as well. I will have to try the parameter P08 adjustment to see if that works. It's definitely a pain to resume the ride with slow response and I have made it a bit better by using the throttle and pedaling until the PAS kicks in, which seems to smooth the problem. This is a "work around" that helps.
I just read about the flat tire problem experienced by one member and concerns me as well. Time will tell.

I am a new member today and just received the Gemini 2.0 with All -Terrain tires and 15 ah batteries last Friday and I am generally pleased except for the 2.5 revolution PAS delay as well. I will have to try the parameter P08 adjustment to see if that works. It's definitely a pain to resume the ride with slow response and I have made it a bit better by using the throttle and pedaling until the PAS kicks in, which seems to smooth the problem. This is a "work around" that helps.
I just read about the flat tire problem experienced by one member and concerns me as well. Time will tell.
Hi merrifik, I just bought two Fucare Libras, and set parameter 08 [subparameter 2] to "3" and now the response is almost instantaneous, yet not too abrupt. Lots of users here seem to like setting it to "4" but "3" is a bit more of a gentle boost - it starts with about 1/8 of a pedal turn. Hope that helps!

Hey, everyone, I just learned something that is NOT clear in the Fucare Libra manual, or on their website, or the PDF for the electronics - if you want to be able to use the Fucare Libra in 'throttle mode" go to parameter 9, set HL - n, and HF-n. I am going to call this 'raped ape' mode, because I can now use the throttle only, if I want, of use it in conjunction with Pedal Assist. Hope that helps someone!!! :)

Hey, everyone, I just learned something that is NOT clear in the Fucare Libra manual, or on their website, or the PDF for the electronics - if you want to be able to use the Fucare Libra in 'throttle mode" go to parameter 9, set HL - n, and HF-n. I am going to call this 'raped ape' mode, because I can now use the throttle only, if I want, of use it in conjunction with Pedal Assist. Hope that helps someone!!! :)
I could always use throttle only, but speed is limited by PAS setting. Does this get around that?

Yes, it does - the second half (HF=n) does that. You have to select "HL=n" in parameter 9 to get to this setting. After setting "HL=n", set "HF=n" = you can now go FULL BLAST with the throttle, regardless of PAS level. :) NOTE that you will not see the setting for "HF=n" unless the first one (HL) is set to n. (HL=n) Hope my explanation is not too confusing.

If you have problems, let me know, and I'll make a video tomorrow. :)

Yes, it does - the second half (HF=n) does that. You have to select "HL=n" in parameter 9 to get to this setting. After setting "HL=n", set "HF=n" = you can now go FULL BLAST with the throttle, regardless of PAS level. :) NOTE that you will not see the setting for "HF=n" unless the first one (HL) is set to n. (HL=n) Hope my explanation is not too confusing.

If you have problems, let me know, and I'll make a video tomorrow. :)
Do you know if the Libra uses the same console as the Gemini X? I don't recall those particular parameters but, then again, I haven't set them in 6 months so I don't even remember how to get into the menu.

Back