First experiences... Bafang M510 on a full carbon, full suss..

EFMAX

Local time
1:14 PM
First major ride.. M510 (small 10.4Ah battery) Derestricted (37.5mph/60Kph).. PAS @ level 3 (played around with each setting).. Front light on (drawing approx. 9v)

LOVED IT. Still need to get used to it all - spent 2-3 weeks riding the bike before the battery arrived so my legs could build up a bit of strength.

My first impressions leave a smile on my face. I always ride with my lights on 24/7 so I have to factor in their power needs. I have taken the 12v feed off the motor, run it into a step-down-unit rated at 10A.. this regulates the power supply and allows the LED lamp to run inside its required 8.4v - 9.3v range. The light sensitivity switch on the back of the display, I have taped over as I want my lights on all the time when I am riding.

The power delivery is not perfect (I need to find an app (ANY Suggestions as can't seem to get Bafang GO or GO+ to work) that works with the Bluetooth in the display) as I found PAS L/1 okayish.. 2-3 not sure but 3 is where you start to notice things (as long as you keep pressure on the pedals. PAS 4 and 5 felt like there could be more to give but it was holding back.. that said, on the hills in my area and on the way back home, it climbed them with ease and with enough grunt to make cars behind me think twice about overtaking me on the tighter bits.

With that all said, I got a proper workout. Maintaining a speed of 21mmph - 24mph was quite easy in PAS L/3 using a 40t chainring and 11t on the cassette but pedaling any faster meant that my feet were spinning out.. a bigger chainring is not really an option.

When changing gears, it was much better to ease off the pressure, this avoids any clunking sounds and provides a much smoother gear change.. I am using a Sram X0 9-speed setup - this is an old but trusted setup but I may look to something more up to date.

So at the end of the day.. no cramp in my legs, bum not sore, heart rate elevated, slightly damp tee-shirt but a big grin on my face.. I did a total of 22 miles and the gauge says 15% left.. I will run it down this first time to see just where the cut-off point is and then charge it back up and run it within a zone that doesn't fully kill the battery.
20230602_132343.jpg

Nice!
Have you considered an Eggrider display?
They are not for everyone but on my ride it got me deep into the settings making it very tunable to my liking.

Ride Safe & Have Fun! :cool:

Nice!
Have you considered an Eggrider display?
They are not for everyone but on my ride it got me deep into the settings making it very tunable to my liking.

Ride Safe & Have Fun! :cool:
iu

This is the display that I am using - it has some basic things that are changeable but it does not go deep..

Back