Electric bike

Danny

Local time
9:15 AM
Hi can someone help me i have a question about my electric bike throttle please let me know if you could help, thankyou.

Yeah thats my bad, i have an electric conversion kit on my bike with thumb throttle but the throttle seems to have lost power to it so i bought a wrist throttle the both have 6 wires but the wires on the new throttle are in a different order so do i need to remove the wires on the new throttle and re-pin them in the same order as they are on the controller

I connected it the way it is and it didnt turn the wheel so ill try re-pinning the wires in that order and see if that works thankyou.

I connected it the way it is and it didnt turn the wheel so ill try re-pinning the wires in that order and see if that works thankyou.
At the heart of all throttles, is a "potentiometer" also known as a variable resistor (although not technically correct). A potentiometer has electrical connections at both ends of a the resistor, and a connection at the "wiper" of the resistor, which makes contact at a different point in the resistor, depending upon the position of the throttle.

With it disconnected from the controller, I would try to find the "two ends" first, and then look for a changing resistance relative to the ends when the throttle is moved. This will help you isolate 3 of the pins it uses. This may save time, and avoid you putting a dead short across your controller.

Yeah thats my bad, i have an electric conversion kit on my bike with thumb throttle but the throttle seems to have lost power to it so i bought a wrist throttle the both have 6 wires but the wires on the new throttle are in a different order so do i need to remove the wires on the new throttle and re-pin them in the same order as they are on the controller
I can give you a clue. The way my 6 wire throttle is wired is, Red is 5v +, Black is negative, white is the signal. 2 wires turn the controller on, and off. The last wire runs the power meter.

Back