Ebikeling Hall sensors failed - repeatedly

Plissken

So I built my ebike 2 years ago. And I have gotten hall sensor failures twice. I cannot afford to keep replacing my motor every year. I need some recommendations on new motors, or a new controller, or something. Can I try a sensorless controller, and keep my current motor? Would I have to replace both the motor and controller? I'm trying not to spend a lot of money on fixing this again. The last time it happened I could not find a replacement motor by itself, and I was forced to buy the entire conversion kit again. Now I have 2 full ebike kits with 2 broken motors. I'm not going to replace it with the same thing again, as this kit is obviously trash. I would like to not spend a ton of money, but I will do what I have to do to make sure this doesn't happen again.
This is currently what I am using:

Last edited by a moderator:

Frogslayer

Damn it seems like a sweet unit. I don't ride in the rain all that much but my cheap violamart kits have been going for a few years now with no problems.

HumanPerson

Yeah i've ad no probs with me voilamart 1000w or 1500w motors.
I've rode in the rain and snow and puddles with no harm so far.

Ride Safe! :cool:

HP

Plissken

Mine is a fat tire bike. Maybe should have said that to begin with.
bike.jpg

barbegame

Hi! If you can, open the motor and change the hall sensors yourself! these are cheap! but the work is difficult as I saw in a video (youtube?) I would say delicate is a more appropriate word!
BTW your fat bike is impressive!

Top Bottom