DJ folding fat tire bike

Bourne

Local time
1:05 PM
I am very interested upgrading to a 1000W or more motor and hopefully just switch stator and controller and possibly use a battery for a larger device ,I use the bike as a transport vehicle to carry fuel to my cabin cruiser the transport vessel is a 14 ft utility boat so I want to install everything plug and play ,basically battery and controller are stored separately in a box that will sit on my cargo trailer and just plugs into the folding bike at shore ,is this possible ? and where would I find the parts to restore my bafang powered bike? thanks in advance

First, what is the goal of upgrading to a 1000 watt motor? Next, what motor do you have currently? You will need to determine if the dropouts can handle the additional power, assuming you currently have a hub motor. A picture or link to the bike you wish to "upgrade" would be useful, then I wouldn't have to make so many guesses.

You will probably, though not certainly, need a new controller. Changing just the stator will almost certainly not work.

You have a cargo trailer. You are hauling gas to a cabin cruiser which has a 14-foot dinghy. I can assume you are talking about more than a couple 5-gallon cans, likely a 20-40 gallon tank. That is a lot of weight. More info would be useful.

Parts for the BIKE will come from whoever made it, or standard bicycle parts if feasible. Parts for the Bafang motor will come from Bafang, controllers and displays available from many vendors.

Putting the battery on the trailer is somewhat feasible, however the controller phase wires are ideally as short as possible. Doing these also means the bike is not usable without the trailer.

Putting a seperate motor, controller, and battery on the trailer itself might be a solution. Hauling gas, some care will need to be taken with anti-spark measures.

Back