Can the derailer on my Moab trike be moved?

Moabboy

Local time
2:47 AM
Can the derailed on my trike be moved ,The derailer on my Moab trike ,is way to low, it going to get mud, grass, dirt and sand in it. It a poor design for an off road trike.

Can the derailed on my trike be moved ,The derailer
on my Moab trike ,is way to low, it going to get mud, grass, dirt and sand in it.
It a poor design for an off road trike
I have transplanted shorter lower arms onto existing derailer units. The required length of the arm depends on how broad the range of gears are on your rear wheel.

If this is the model you mean, then you cannot change the location of the derailleur. It has to stay positioned with the cassette which has to be mounted on a wheel axle.

Not sure the Anywhere trike is intended as "off road", altho the use is listed as = " bike paths, roads, dirt paths, beaches, snow."

Hardcore mountain bikes have derailleurs and do just fine. Beach sand and saltwater is likely the biggest enemy.

No.

It's not necessarily a poor design, but maybe a case of Marketing having gotten carried away. They don't always check with Engineering before making claims.

It's worth noting that there are many different definitions for "off road". They DO show it on a beach in these two photos:
1702307537086.png

1702307556526.png

I also notice it has a front hub drive. That's not going to pull you through that deep sand without a ton of pedaling on your part, and even that is questionable. I bet the guy riding on the beach is on a boardwalk. Technically, that's off road, but not the same as the deep sand. Snow? Well maybe on a snowy street or sidewalk with less than a couple inches, but not deep snow.

Right next to the photos, they say it comes with a free 90 day test ride. Why don't you just return it then, since you're concerned it's a horrible design? (you obviously had a different idea of "off road" than they do. I guess you're expecting ground clearance issues with rocks and stuff.

Back