Benno Bike display not working. My new Benno bike display is not working, nothing shows up when trying to turn it on.

johnmkerr1310

Local time
8:29 PM
I have a new Benno bike that is about 4 months old. The display is not working and I am wondering if they are any suggestions on how ro get it fixed. I have done all the following except the last one, since the bike is a gift, sent from the west coast to Flrida, and I do not know who to contact for repairs and warranty. The battery seems to be working since it's blinking green.
  1. Check the motor connections to ensure they are securely attached.
  2. Inspect the motor for any visible damage or signs of wear.
  3. Test the motor with a different power source to determine if it’s functioning correctly.
  4. If the motor still doesn’t engage, consider consulting a professional for repairs or replacements.
I am worried about their support and whether they will honor a warranty.

Hi, I am totally winging it here but according to Google your bike uses the bosch purion display. You didn't mention the year so I decided to guess 2023. That display has its own battery. If you remove the display and turn it upside down you will see a coin slot to open the back. I just attached a screen shot. If any of this seems familiar or correct try replacing that little battery. If I am on the right track you can download the pdf for the Bosch Purion manual.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240419-152408_PDF Reader.jpg
    Screenshot_20240419-152408_PDF Reader.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 13
Hi, I am totally winging it here but according to Google your bike uses the bosch purion display. You didn't mention the year so I decided to guess 2023. That display has its own battery. If you remove the display and turn it upside down you will see a coin slot to open the back. I just attached a screen shot. If any of this seems familiar or correct try replacing that little battery. If I am on the right track you can download the pdf for the Bosch Purion manual.
Thank you for your response. Yes, it is a 2023. I took the bike to a Trek shop which sells Bosch drives and they said the Purion controller has failed. I am going to need it replaced, but the will not do it since the wiring is all inside the frame. I am having a tough time with Benno get answers and help. No other place in this area services Bosch. I might have to drive over 2 hours to find a place to do it.

Well this seems unfair. Bennos are suppose to be good bikes. Are you anywhere near Bigbam bikes in Venice? They have good reviews and are listed as repairing Bosch systems.They may be able to handle a bosch warranty without dealing with Benno. Really, internal wiring is a pain but it shouldn't scare anyone off. Let us know how it goes.

Back