Bafang M600 - No tension on the pedals with motor

SamNeault

Local time
5:15 AM
Hi everyone,

I have a weird problem with my Bafang M600 mid drive and I am wondering if anyone could help me figure out whats wrong or if someone already had the same issue. when I give the pedals a sharp push, they spin without tension without having to roll the wheels as normal behavior. It's a little difficult to explain so I added a video that shows it in pictures. I also opened the motor all the way up and it doesn't seem to have a problem with any of the gears.

Here is the video of the problem (it's bette with sound)

I don't know why imgur thinks it 18+, but here are the photos :

Thank you,

Hi Robert,

The problem I had was the clutch as you can see the the picture attached. For some reason, grease got into the transmission rollers in the middle. So I took it apart, cleaned it with a bit of brake cleaner and wiped it down. Only the outer gear must have grease. It now works even better than new.

I hope it helps!
1712236601905.png

Hi Robert,

The problem I had was the clutch as you can see the the picture attached. For some reason, grease got into the transmission rollers in the middle. So I took it apart, cleaned it with a bit of brake cleaner and wiped it down. Only the outer gear must have grease. It now works even better than new.

I hope it helps!
View attachment 13974
Thank you I already tried that but it is still the same. I did have a bit of a creaking sound before so I ordered a new gear hopefully that fixes the problem

Back