Bafang M600 unresponsive after broken display cable

AlexWardy

Local time
5:19 PM
Hi everyone!

I have an issue with my stock 48V M600 CAN protocol motor after I crashed and the display cable got severed. The cable severed in such a way the individual cores got shorted on each other. (See photo).

338032256_1907238636358750_7526264412944196447_n.jpg

I have now replaced the cable for a new one and have reconnected everything but the display wont power on! I have check that the motor is getting the correct voltage from the battery which it is. When the motor is given voltage from the battery I can hear a very quiet high frequency buzzing from the display, when I press buttons on the hand control I can hear the frequency of the buzzing change. When I hold the power button (as I would to switch the system on) I can hear the frequency change again, but nothing appears on the display.

Here are the display and hand control I am using.

339562470_228269076454266_1740729666753349752_n.jpg

I have not got a spare display to test yet (it is on it's way) and I haven't yet check the controller fuse or flashing LED yet (as per the M600 trouble shooting post), I will try these tonight.

In the mean time has anyone got any ideas on what may be the fault? I really hope shorting the display cable wires hasn't fried anything on the controller!

Best regards and have a great day!
Alex

UPDATE:

I tested the back voltage on the control board and checked the LED on the control board. I made a couple of very short videos to demonstrate the results.

Back voltage: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T2ZxXCX3RL8 - the battery is at 53.3V, when the battery cable is removed the voltage on the board quite quickly drops, when the system on button is pressed the voltage drops much more rapidly.

Control board LED: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/gPz6WMbrDuQ - the control board LED flashes when pressing the system on button and double flashes when held for 2 seconds, once held for 2 seconds the LED continues flashing every 3 seconds for around 20 seconds until it then stops. By holding the system on button again the sequence is restarted.

Does this information allow anyone to shed some light?

Thanks
Alex

see if you have a 5 pin connector, the red wire should be next to blue wire, sometie on the display the yellow and blue in the wrong place

Hi everyone!

I have an issue with my stock 48V M600 CAN protocol motor after I crashed and the display cable got severed. The cable severed in such a way the individual cores got shorted on each other. (See photo).

338032256_1907238636358750_7526264412944196447_n.jpg

I have now replaced the cable for a new one and have reconnected everything but the display wont power on! I have check that the motor is getting the correct voltage from the battery which it is. When the motor is given voltage from the battery I can hear a very quiet high frequency buzzing from the display, when I press buttons on the hand control I can hear the frequency of the buzzing change. When I hold the power button (as I would to switch the system on) I can hear the frequency change again, but nothing appears on the display.

Here are the display and hand control I am using.

339562470_228269076454266_1740729666753349752_n.jpg

I have not got a spare display to test yet (it is on it's way) and I haven't yet check the controller fuse or flashing LED yet (as per the M600 trouble shooting post), I will try these tonight.

In the mean time has anyone got any ideas on what may be the fault? I really hope shorting the display cable wires hasn't fried anything on the controller!

Best regards and have a great day!
Alex
Hi Alex, having the identical problem, buzzing and all. What was the solution at the end?

I have the same problem, except I have an M615 48v 750 W e-bike from Accolmile(Rocket Bear 1S). The display cable came loose and was damaged. I bought a new cable & replaced the broken one, but the display still won't turn on. I hear that buzzing sound when I hold the power button and put my ear near the display. I ordered another display to see if that was the problem, but the new display won't turn on either. I ordered a new controller from Amazon which I will get sometime today. Not really skilled on how to install but it can't be that hard. If that doesn't solve the problem, Im going to bring the bike to a local bike shop and hope they will service it. The bike is only a little over a year old. Accolmile is very reluctant to help me with this issue. I don't think they will honor any warranty on the bike. The controller and motor are warranted for 2 years, but it's like pulling teeth to get any help. I will update this as time goes by, but it's already been 2 weeks since the bike was usable. It's very frustrating. I tested the battery and I'm getting 54.6 volts which is what it should be fully charged.

** Update 8/31/2023

I received the new controller. I decided that trying to replace the controller was way above my ability. I decided to bring the bike to a bike store that services electric bikes. I brought the bike into Brands Cycle in Wantagh NY on 8/16. It's now 8/31, 2 weeks later, and as far as I know, they haven't even touched it yet. I spoke with the tech on Friday 8/25 and he said he's been so busy he hasn't even been able to look at it yet. I'm not sure what to do at this point. It's been a month now, and I can't use the bike.

I have the same problem, except I have an M615 48v 750 W e-bike from Accolmile(Rocket Bear 1S). The display cable came loose and was damaged. I bought a new cable & replaced the broken one, but the display still won't turn on. I hear that buzzing sound when I hold the power button and put my ear near the display. I ordered another display to see if that was the problem, but the new display won't turn on either. I ordered a new controller from Amazon which I will get sometime today. Not really skilled on how to install but it can't be that hard. If that doesn't solve the problem, I'm going to bring the bike to a local bike shop and hope they will service it. The bike is only a little over a year old. Accolmile is very reluctant to help me with this issue. I don't think they will honor any warranty on the bike. The controller and motor are warranted for 2 years, but it's like pulling teeth to get any help. I will update this as time goes by, but it's already been 2 weeks since the bike was usable. It's very frustrating. I tested the battery and I'm getting 54.6 volts which is what it should be fully charged.

** Update 8/31/2023

I received the new controller. I decided that trying to replace the controller was way above my ability. I decided to bring the bike to a bike store that services electric bikes. I brought the bike into Brands Cycle in Wantagh NY on 8/16. It's now 8/31, 2 weeks later, and as far as I know, they haven't even touched it yet. I spoke with the tech on Friday 8/25 and he said he's been so busy he hasn't even been able to look at it yet. I'm not sure what to do at this point. It's been a month now, and I can't use the bike.

UPDATE:

I tested the back voltage on the control board and checked the LED on the control board. I made a couple of very short videos to demonstrate the results.

Back voltage: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T2ZxXCX3RL8 - the battery is at 53.3V, when the battery cable is removed the voltage on the board quite quickly drops, when the system on button is pressed the voltage drops much more rapidly.

Control board LED: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/gPz6WMbrDuQ - the control board LED flashes when pressing the system on button and double flashes when held for 2 seconds, once held for 2 seconds the LED continues flashing every 3 seconds for around 20 seconds until it then stops. By holding the system on button again the sequence is restarted.

Does this information allow anyone to shed some light?

Thanks
Alex
Alex,

Question...

My m600 is unresponsive.

I'm seeing a couple things that are different than what you showed...

One is a strong in rush current as spark when I connect the power lead to the motor and the second is a very very fast drop (much much faster than in your video - like two seconds) in back-voltage on the motor side upon disconnect.

Given the super fast drop and the in-rush current spark on connection, do you have any idea what might be wrong with my M600?

Anything would be helpful

Zack

Back