Bafang bsdhd on Specialized Mtb-bike- bike on upper frame?

dl1000

Local time
12:56 PM
Hi there! Im new on this forum.
Well i really need some help and suggestions from you.
I put a Bafang 1000w on a MTB -Specialized bike. The problem is that battery dont fit the lower frame. The battery is about 1cm thicker then the gap between the frames. Any suggestion, accept shift the bike? Is it ok to have it on the upper frame. I Will have the bike to the job and just gravel roads. Its a aluminium frame so i suppose i destroy the frame if i try to make it more flat with a hammer......... wish the frame was made of steel instead.. Thank you in advance, Anders

Attachments

• IMG_20240312_164333083.jpg
    IMG_20240312_164333083.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20240312_164350991.jpg
    IMG_20240312_164350991.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20240312_164407242.jpg
    IMG_20240312_164407242.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 24
I did see a video the other day on utube and someone was building a bike with a very large battery that wouldn’t fit in the frame and he made brackets and clamped it to the top of the frame , another option at a push would be to fit a rear carrier and fit it to that.

or take the top of the battery case apart/off and use a heat gun to indent the top there or dent it ..make sense?

There's a clamp with diffferent names called a "pipe support" or "split ring clamp" or "pipe clamp" that has two half-circles with two bolts and a threaded nut in the middle. Typically used in commercial buildings to mount steel pipes to ceilings. They are all over ebay and amazon, but you'll have to do some searching to find one that will fit your frame, which looks like a flattened oval tube shape. Ebikes forum will not let me post a link to an amazon product. You'll probably want to put a lot of vinyl tape down to protect the frame. They come in stainless sometimes. I've used these to mount accessories to handle-bars.

Definitely do not hammer your frame to make it fit. It's heat treated aluminum and does not like to be cold-worked.

Either that or just put it on a rear rack.

Thanks for the tips. The battery tip to melt the cover could work but to take it appart seams scary , maybee not waterresistant afterwards? Is it ok to drill small holes on the frame to secure the battery? I will probably put it on the upper frame.

Yes would be ok to drill some small holes and put threaded inserts in , holes are drilled in other parts of frame,water bottle holders etc.

Hi there! Im new on this forum.
Well i really need some help and suggestions from you.
I put a Bafang 1000w on a MTB -Specialized bike. The problem is that battery dont fit the lower frame. The battery is about 1cm thicker then the gap between the frames. Any suggestion, accept shift the bike? Is it ok to have it on the upper frame. I Will have the bike to the job and just gravel roads. Its a aluminium frame so i suppose i destroy the frame if i try to make it more flat with a hammer......... wish the frame was made of steel instead.. Thank you

I run 2 batteries on my fat bike & ones mounted on a cheap seat post mounted rack £20 on ebay, maximum weight 25kg & as you have mounts you can use the adjustable struts that comes with the kit.

Back