Aventon Level.2 grip update

DanH

Local time
1:44 AM
I would like to make the Level.2 grips more comfortable. They are too hard for me and I would like a larger diameter. Even a wrist rest would be nice. Any suggestions?

Kinda hoping someone would respond. I'd like to do the same. I've found a ton of grips on Amazon, but none that I've seen so far are the same length as the stock grips (114mm?). Do aftermarket grips have to be the same length as the stock or can they be a bit bigger or smaller?

Perhaps as an alternative, get some bike gloves?

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Hmm... never thought of that. Do these gloves make your hands sweaty when riding in summer?

Kinda hoping someone would respond. I'd like to do the same. I've found a ton of grips on Amazon, but none that I've seen so far are the same length as the stock grips (114mm?). Do aftermarket grips have to be the same length as the stock or can they be a bit bigger or smaller?
Aftermarket grips can be any size you'd like. Depending on what you purchase, you may need to readjust where your throttle, derailleur, and brakes are located on the handlebars

I'm very pleased with these:

Ergon Biokork GC1 Bike Grips | Ergonomic Comfort, Secure Lock-on | Designed for Curved Handlebars | City, Touring, E-Bike | Pair of Grips | Shifter Style Options: Regular or Rohloff-Nexus/One Size​

I have them on my Level 2.

Yeah... I've seen that brand a lot on Amazon with excellent reviews. Price seems reasonable, too. I think this is the route to go. Thanks!

I use gloves whenever I ride for a long time, but my wife got an Aventon Pace.500.3 with the flatter grips similar to the ones in the previous post and I like them quite a bit riding her bike, so I may look at changing mine.

check out htis video on changing grips, arounf the 35s mark they mention how to adjust for different length:

The default level.2 grip comes with clamps on both ends I think, so you may need to leave the outer one off depending on the replacement grip.

Back